Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi to style conversion option on korg pa 700

View previous topic :: View next topic  
josf.kumar@gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Midi to style conversion option on korg pa 700 Reply with quote

Hello friends,

Did anyone convert styles from a midi file on their korg pa 700? What does it require to do? Simply if we get a midi file, is it ok for conversion? Or should it have any other elements to convert to style? I heard of something like markers to be made on the midi file to convert it into style.

Also i would like to ask the forum, if a midi is converted to a style will the process in turn acquires the drumkits from the midi file and save the same in the user locations? In that case for each conversion, we keep getting new drumkits added to user locations which would consume the user slots. Is it correct to infer like that?

Looking forward to listen to someone in the forum who did the conversion.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will convert most.

The process is described in Section 24 Page 294 of the English language manual.

You do no need to be registered to download manual and there is also a KorgVideo Manual series on Youtube specifically for the PA700 and in one tutorial it shows importing a Midi, MP3 and KAR files
josf.kumar@gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Midi to style conversion option on korg pa 700 Reply with quote

Hello friends,

I have tried the process my own self. I downloaded some midi files with a size above 40k and converted them to style. Interesting fact is that the so converted styles will automatically chose their own drum kits from the built in that are close to those spelled in the midi. However, we need to tweak the drum kits some times. Also some of the other elements of the style if needed. Only then we get a refined style. But the conversion process is simply superb. Hats off to Korg for incorporating such a feature into korg pa 700. Korg Keyboard players will never run out of styles on korg. It was Yamaha enjoying the privilege in terms of styles to be available to users across the globe. Now we can see korg styles conversions and sharing on the portals/forums. Korg has opened a new chapter in this connection. Thanks to Korg! Other best part of Korg pa 700 is its booting time. I tested, it is close to 30sec even after loading some sets and sampling sounds. The booting time remained just the same. Thanks to Korg once again. You made it for all of us!!
satya_music

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: style converions Reply with quote

If I make a midi file of 8 bars which will be used for INTRO 1, using the korg PA700 style then doing the conversion; is the PA700 will bring the midi of 8 bar to the INTRO 1 to the corresponding style (which i used for making the MIDI file) ??
Meaning i wish to change the INTRO 1 only to the PA700 style.

Best regards,
Satya

Current gears: Korg PA700, Korg TR 61, Korg PA600, AKAI MPC 1000, M-AUDIO Mtrack Plus, Audio-Technica AT2020, Casio CTK5000, Nikon D5500 and Sony PJ410.

Previous gears: Korg Krome, Korg o1wFD, Yamaha PSR-S970, Yamaha PSR-S900, Yamaha PSR 2000, Yamaha PSR 520.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
josf.kumar@gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: style converions Reply with quote

satya_music wrote:
If I make a midi file of 8 bars which will be used for INTRO 1, using the korg PA700 style then doing the conversion; is the PA700 will bring the midi of 8 bar to the INTRO 1 to the corresponding style (which i used for making the MIDI file) ??
Meaning i wish to change the INTRO 1 only to the PA700 style.

Best regards,
Satya

I think that should be possible with style edit after converting midi into a style.
Go to style edit and select copy from option and bring intro 1 of the style into variation 1. That should work. I did not try.
ramphrr@unisa.ac.za

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Midi download wanted Reply with quote

I tried the midi to style but on the PA 700 and it does not seem to be perfect. Can some one lead me to try a midi song that I can load to try and where the conversion is 100%

Regards
romney_yw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of tutorial documents and videos available from Korg, including one describing the import and export of standard midi files.

Visit https://www.korg.com/us/features/arrangers/tutorials/ for more details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: