Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where can I find original PA 4 X styles to download
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Where can I find original PA 4 X styles to download Reply with quote

Hi
Looking for the original out of the box Korg PA4x Styles,. I appear to have overwritten 50% of the USER styles...I never saved to USB when I got the keyboard at first...just lately since the 2.0.1 OS upgrade I started saving to USB.
..but appear saved some styles wrong.

Sorry all for boring you with this request but am on a learning curve getting used to this new beast of a machine.

Would be grateful for direction to get these styles....Thank You.

Regards
Ronnie
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronnie, from your post, I wasn't 100% sure if you needed all of the styles or if you are just looking for the 52 new bonus styles that came with V2.0 (the ones that are installed in the 3 user banks with v2.0), which I guess that you may have overwritten accidentally (easily done!).

Anyway, assuming that it's the new user styles that you want, here is a link to the 52 new bonus styles (which, unless you specify otherwise, will overwrite everything in user style banks 1-3). You can, of course, pick a different location for them, if you so wish.:

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2017/063002/

Best wishes,
Jon
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can I find original PA 4 X styles to download Reply with quote

shadowhankron wrote:
Looking for the original out of the box Korg PA4x Styles

Under OS v.2.0.1 go to Media/Utility/Factory Restore option , execute and done ! Wink

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon

The original user bank sets please,that came with keyboard out of the box as they say.. I have the new bonus 2.0.1 styles, it is just some I know of the USER styles are missing.

When saving to USB ,I thought that the Direct saved as well,as user and factory, I looked through the 2.0.1 manual and could not understand the saving to USB ...

I am not sure if I just save the user and factory each time I do a save to USB....because some styles I saved for Direct seem missing after I saved to USB

Thanks for the reply.

Ronnie
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Antonysharmman

Thanks for your reply,. But I be afraid to do that Factory Restore you suggest in case I lose other files...this upgrade has me baffled.
I really do not see much difference in quality of styles / sound from this 2.0.1 upgrade,I understand you guys with great knowledge excited about Kaoss etc but I sure as hell don't even know what it is suppose to do.
I know you understand the keyboard..more than anyone else..after in past months reading your replies to others...again Thank You for replying

Ronnie
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowhankron wrote:
Thanks for your reply,. But I be afraid to do that Factory Restore you suggest in case I lose other files...

- Do you want your Pa3X to become the latest shipped one with OS V2 ? then follow my instructions !
- Do you have custom resources that you're afraid to loose ? save first YourSet.SET , do the "factory restore"
and then open your saved YourSet.SET / open SOUNDS/STYLES and load them back at vacant positions !
- Latest OS V 2.0.1 do not contain sound resources but fixed OS bugs and all users will definitely load it !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I changed to 2.0.1 OS..I already did factory restore as mentioned on this forum...so not all original styles showed up for me.
This is a PA4X keyboard.

Regards
Ronnie
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowhankron wrote:
not all original styles showed up for me.

What do you mean by that ? how did you come to this conclusion , what are the factory styles that were not showed up ?

shadowhankron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Factory Styles were all there..it was most of the USER styles not there from original out of the box....styles.....all I asked for in first place where to go for user styles to load myself.

Ronnie
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you need this http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112501

BTW : The right wording is : "does anybody have Pa4X OS V2 User resources ?" Wink

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronnie

The V2 FAVORITE styles that install with V2 are also downloadable here as a bonus SET:-
http://www.korg.com/us/news/2017/063002/
Then you can load these wherever you want to (USER/FAVORITE banks etc...)

If you had other USER & FAVORITE styles BEFORE upgrading, it is critical that you save these as a SET for re-loading later after the update.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Pete for the reply

I have those bonus styles...it is the original Favourite and User styles is what is required...

I appear to have lost most of the original favourite and user styles

I do have the Factory styles on board
thanks

Ronnie

Last edited by shadowhankron on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Antonysharmman

for your reply...it appears there is a misunderstanding....I require the original Favourite and User styles that came with the keyboard
regards

Ronnie
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already mentioned in my previous post ...
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112501&sid=8bfcd87eb33468bd8fbb82274546bffa
use the downloading link there ! We try to create helping posts in order newbies to read them at least !

Jonyblues

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronnie, I think that the reason for the confusion from myself (and possibly others) on the thread, is due to the fact that, from my memory and my understanding, the original Pa4x OS (i.e. how it comes directly out of the box) didn't actually come with any additional styles pre-loaded/installed in the User or favorites section (only since V2.0 have they done that).

I may be wrong, but I believe that the only possible reason for there being additional styles in the user/favorite areas are either that, a) you copied some of the factory styles into that user area, so that you could tweak/change/edit them OR b) that you loaded some additional Korg or 3rd party styles into the favorite/user slots.

It's hard to help you with any factory styles you've copied over to the user section and edited or 3rd party styles that you think may be missing (I'd suggest that the best place to find those is in any old/previous 'saved' sets or backups that you may have made, prior to updating to V2.0).

If, however, the styles that you're remembering actually came from Korg, I believe that you may possibly have loaded some of the Korg bonusware styles. To find those, you need to look here:

http://www.korg.com/us/features/arrangers/bonusware/

FYI, I think that, from memory, the first additional styles that I personally loaded into the user/favorites area were the free blues styles (vol 23).

I hope that these Korg bonusstyles are what you are looking for.
Best wishes,
Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: