Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How likely Korg will release a new upgraded Kronos in 2018?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
exsequor699

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all of them. Kronos 2 has wood sides, perforated grill, two limited edition colours and a slight slimmer design. Everything else you can purchase it and download it.
hag01

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, good to know.
But still, who knows what will happen, up to now they only expanded ram memory and hard drive, what will happen if they will change the CPU or even the mother board, do you think we still would be able to upgrade our Kronos hardware?
leonh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
leonh wrote:
And what would new version of Kronos do better than current one in musical way make better music ?
Waiting for newer model is never ending game it will always be a "better one" so how long will you wait .

Some of us long time Kronos owners have a wish list of improvements.
Dig around for those posts.

If the tech has more power and the OS more robust, that will open up greater room for incredible programming and more features. IMO, Korg has had the best minds for programming, for decades.

If we have all the above ,we truly have another dream W/s.

Agree I have my list too and of course Korg will always bring newer and better models on the market otherwise they have to close down because everyone is happy with their current product .
I had M1 and M 50 so for me personally is very easy to work with Kronos and yes I would buy newer model why not for fun mostly not because current Kronos is restricting my music ideas far from it .So for me I won’t need another Kronos for pretty long time unless it breaks down
Very Happy
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leonh wrote:
GregC wrote:
leonh wrote:
And what would new version of Kronos do better than current one in musical way make better music ?
Waiting for newer model is never ending game it will always be a "better one" so how long will you wait .

Some of us long time Kronos owners have a wish list of improvements.
Dig around for those posts.

If the tech has more power and the OS more robust, that will open up greater room for incredible programming and more features. IMO, Korg has had the best minds for programming, for decades.

If we have all the above ,we truly have another dream W/s.

Agree I have my list too and of course Korg will always bring newer and better models on the market otherwise they have to close down because everyone is happy with their current product .
I had M1 and M 50 so for me personally is very easy to work with Kronos and yes I would buy newer model why not for fun mostly not because current Kronos is restricting my music ideas far from it .So for me I won’t need another Kronos for pretty long time unless it breaks down
Very Happy

I think we all love our Kronus(i). And I have a great time recording using 100% Kronos.

To be critical, it does fall short in a few areas, in terms of instrument reproduction. The guitars, esp the FX are average at best. And to have strong guitars is Very important to me. Sax(es) are good but have limited articulation.

I would have to invest in custom samples, if I could find something reasonable.

The strengths of Kronos far out weigh the above. To each of us, we might point out the various strengths.

But I do workaround the above 2 important instruments. I get the big picture.
I don't expect perfection, but I would like to see Korg/Kronos address what I consider average-good. Aim for excellent, etc.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kross 2 has the 8 pads added now, so that feature will come on the next gen to replace Kronos 2. There is so much more empty surface on kronos for pads, compared to Korg Kross.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
Kross 2 has the 8 pads added now, so that feature will come on the next gen to replace Kronos 2. There is so much more empty surface on kronos for pads, compared to Korg Kross.

I see it differently. If a pad membrane breaks on a USB nano pad, its not a huge deal, a $39 replacement.

But if the pad membrane breaks on the Kross, that is much worse.

I happen to like the clean look of the Kronos, esp the 88. I can place whatever I like on any empty space.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
19naia wrote:

I see it differently. If a pad membrane breaks on a USB nano pad, its not a huge deal, a $39 replacement.

But if the pad membrane breaks on the Kross, that is much worse.

I happen to like the clean look of the Kronos, esp the 88. I can place whatever I like on any empty space.

Me too. I placed a midi device with 20 pads, on the empty surface space.
mikelees

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Totally agree. Having had an M3 before, where the pads did fail (common issue on M3), it's a real pain to repair, as the keyboard comes apart from the bottom, so you have to remove just about everything to get to the pads.

For me, the cheap, replaceable USB NanoPad with Kronos is much more preferable than the row of built-in pads on M3.
hag01

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too asked myself why there is no pads on the Kronos.
Also, I see the Kronos has a whole modeling engine just for strings instruments, but as GregC mentioned saxes with limited articulation, I think wind instruments deserve their own modeling engine.
Anyway, the best thing that could happen right now is that Korg will announce the new Kronos generation at this NAMM(december-january), that will solve my dilemma for good.
exsequor699

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hag01 wrote:
I too asked myself why there is no pads on the Kronos.
Also, I see the Kronos has a whole modeling engine just for strings instruments, but as GregC mentioned saxes with limited articulation, I think wind instruments deserve their own modeling engine.
Anyway, the best thing that could happen right now is that Korg will announce the new Kronos generation at this NAMM(december-january), that will solve my dilemma for good.

Actually, some people already upgraded the Motherboard, CPU etc. But I don't have that necessity, Kronos does everything I need and even more. As long for the wish for better sounds, EXis expansions are a great option. In some ways they can upgrade Kronos almost like a new instrument.
tdwctdwc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see the mastery used in the SGX and EP1 engines applied to different instruments. That would send the Kronos flying even higher above anything else, including some of the top vsti/libraries on the market.
leonh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Include gadget app bit different graphic on display I don’t know just cherry picking 1 tb of sounds massage pads Laughing .I am happy personally I don’t need anything extra for my music and when new shiny model comes I will be tempted even if I won’t need it that’s how it goes.
Realistically I have Kronos 2 when I can afford I will add Yamaha Montage to me that would be a perfect combination.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:

There may be a lot of empty space on the 88 and 73, but have you seen the 61-key Kronos? there is about 3 inches on the left and 4 inches on the right if you want to add any more controls. The whole surface behind the keybed is all buttons, knobs, and sliders. When I try to fit the NanoPad 2 on top of it, there's really nowhere to put it. I think that's why the 8 pads were not included, but the software-based pad functionality is still in there. ON the M3, and OASYS, the pads fit right between the screen and the keybed, but there is no room for this on the Kronos 61.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: