Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pa80 vs triton which one to buy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy7777705

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: pa80 vs triton which one to buy? Reply with quote

Hi all
i'm looking to buy a used keyboard
sound quality matters more than other features to me
here are some of the keyboards i'm considering:
Trinity plus/v3 (+moss board)
korg triton classic (+moss board)
korg triton le
korg pa50
korg pa80
roland eg101
roland d50
korg m1
which one of these should i get? or is there any better one at around the same price?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg M1 and Roland D50 are undoubtedly classics, have good keybeds and recognisable sounds, through featuring in many songs from the 80s and 90s. Their samples are relatively short so the looping can be noticeable on held-down notes. Another one to add to the list is the Korg Wavestation.

Your budget, seen in an earlier version of another posting, was originally £200, which seemed on the low side, and the examples in the list appear to be selling around the £300-400 mark.

From the sound quality point of view, and for not much more money (about a night out's worth) boards like the Korg Krome might be worth considering. There's one listed on Gumtree in Gloucester at the moment, so about an hour's drive away. Also the M50 is good value for money. Their keybeds are not as good as the M1, but if the sound quality is paramount, then go for it. The Krome and M50 are also relatively light, so easier to carry around.

Listen to some YouTube videos using a good pair of headphones, concentrating on the videos recorded using the direct line outs, rather than speakers and camera mic, to get a better impression of the sound quality.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: