Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome midi clock from midi out port.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tinroofdan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Krome midi clock from midi out port. Reply with quote

Hi.
I'm new to the forum but I've owned Korg gear for many years.
My motivation to join the forum now is that I've had a problem with my Krome as a master keyboard linked to a Korg minilogue.
The minilogue is running a sequence and is linked to the Krome: midi out from the Krome to the midi in of the minilogue.
When I don't touch the note keys on the Krome all is fine and the Minilogue sequence stays in time but when I play the note keys on the Krome the minilogue goes out of tempo. I have both a 73 note and an 88 note Krome and oddly the issue does not occur on the 88 note Krome.
tinroofdan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add, my Krome 73 has been to Korg UK who could not identify the cause of the problem but did identify that all Krome 61 & 73 units behave this way. To clarify, my minilogue is running its own sequence and is on midi channel 2, the Krome is running a drum track and rhythm Arp and is on midi channel 1. The reason for the different midi channels is because I want to play notes on the Krome but not on the minilogue, which I just want to stay in tempo with the Krome.
tinroofdan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had my unit returned from Korg. The issue is almost certainly firmware related. They say they have left the issue with Korg Japan to sort and they will tell me if any software fix becomes available but I am not super hopeful! So if you are thinking of buying a Krome 61 or 73 and want to sync it with another keyboard with it's own onboard sequencer, don't! Get a Krome 88 or Kronos.
tinroofdan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to keep this updated, I am hopeful of a reply from Korg Japan in the new year via Korg UK - one way or the other!
tinroofdan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
A further update with news from Japan. They said to try again but to uncheck the enable exclusive check box on the midi filter. This assists to have cured my issue. I need to test it a bit more to be competitive certain but after a few run throughs this evening and reading up on sysex messages on Google I think this was my problem. Hopefully now solved!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: