Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SONGBOOK 3X TO 4X HOW?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: SONGBOOK 3X TO 4X HOW? Reply with quote

I have been trying to transfer my songbook from the 3x to the 4x. Ive tried everything . I really do not see in the manual how to do this. I can transfer my songs to the 4 but when I go to call them up it says no midi resource found. could someone more knowledgeable than me give me step by step directions on how to do this. I have a ton of songs in the songbook in the 3x. some are saved in styles and most in midis. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am becoming very frustrated however I recall I was the same way when I got the 3x. it takes time for everything. I am also a little leary transferring files around afraid that I will screw something up. I hope the is not redundent'
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Songbook Editor is the only option for this.
(And my Songbook Editor is not installing (Windows 10 machine, probably a Windows problem).

Upward compatibilty from one PA to another sucks, there's no other phrase to describe this.

I've pointed at this several times here at the forums.
I've had the same problem every time I changed from a PA to a newer model (also from PA3X to PA4X).

I cannot understand why only few players are complaining about this, I think it's a serious issue.

Play in style. Wink
RC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fransman
I did transfer via song book but when I call the songs up I get the screen that says no midi resource found. I don't know what that means. Needless to say the song wont load and I cant play it. All of the songs are listed just like they were in the 3x but will not play in the 4x. I would sure hate to go through them all and make them all over.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

this is Fast and easy ..

I keep all my songs on the usb stick inside of the pa3x, and the os boot ,so i never have to think of bring it usb stick with my songs on it or for get a home.
and when i change to the pa4x ,it work fast and easy..

in the pa3x , use the songbook for a computer,
my pa3x look like this in the song book , i had a folder for midi and for mp3

Mp3

unit [KHD_USER] path \MP3\Beatles\Domino, Fats - Ain't That A Shame - Sc7502-02.mp3

and midi look like this ( the same)

midi

unit [KHD_USER] path \Midi\The Chair-G.mid
styles were the same ..
if your song and midi were on a usb memory stick outside that you plug into the pa3x it would say

unit [rear or front _USER] path \Midi\The Chair-G.mid

inside of the songbook , you can select all songs ( Ctrl +A )
right click and pick edit.this will edit all the songs..at once....
then you must pick check the box , unit, and may be the path ??..
all of my song (midi,mp3,) were in one place the usb drive ,so copy all to the new SD card , so all i had to do was change the ( Unit Resource ) to [KORG SD] , it was [KHD_USER] or for some people it would be [rear or front _USER] ..

but first make a BACKUP.. in case you miss it up, then you can go back and try it again,I also did the with my pa900,
RC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else know
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RC

SONGBOOK is purely a list of "pointers" to styles/MIDIs/MP3s etc.

So, unless a new PA model is identical to its predecessor, the "pointers" will be pointing to different or non-existent items.

You mention "MIDI resource not found" - this is because the full media pathname of the MIDI files has changed.
If you place your MIDI files in exactly the same MEDIA location I think they should be found.

Unfortunately, when it comes to STYLE-based SONGBOOK entries, it gets harder as the style locations are possibly different in a new model.

SONGBOOK editor will certainly help you.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
RC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to thank Duby2 for his help in getting this done. We corresponded and he gave me a call. He talked me through the procedure with song book and I got all of the files and songbook transferred. I don't think I could have got it done without him. Once you understand it,it is fairly easy. Again thanks to Duby2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: