Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Kronos wish list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leonh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that new workstation won't be called Kronos rather and I read somewhere Poseidon it makes sense and it may have (I am guessing) huge high definition touchscreen multiple outputs more of everything i.e processor memory synth engines plenty of led lights
ect but it will cost much more so I am not worried that my Kronos will lose value it will cost the same but new workstation will cost about 4500£ or more so for power user's with cash to spare Korg will make you happy.
leonh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double message

Last edited by leonh on Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best Workstation that Korg could make, would be a cloudWS with thousands sounds, combi effects and tracks in the air. A musical beast as immaterialized as the music is...

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
The best Workstation that Korg could make, would be a cloudWS with thousands sounds, combi effects and tracks in the air. A musical beast as immaterialized as the music is...

that would be following what Roland promised a year ago.

I am sure that gigging keyboardists would be hesitant to always rely on strong network/wireless for sound.

Since storage is super cheap , some type of hybrid might make sense.

My impression is that Korg is not a ' follower' . More of a market place ' creator '
and innovator.

I am interested in their current business strategy. We naturally over focus on Kronos since that is a passion.

Korg covers 14 different 'product groups' . Keyboards/synths is 1 of the 14 and likely what Korg is best know for.

I like to see what the bigger picture is. Even that is not completely clear:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korg#Products
GaryAsaph

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrade to Kronos OS for gigging musicians who use the board as a backing band:

Set List for Sequencing: Automatic advance at the end of the song (sequenced) to the next (or your choice) set list button and the ability to choose whether or not the next song starts immediately (chain play) or waits til the next start/stop command is pressed.

Comments in set list: Would be great to have a screen for comments and notes attached directly to the song sequence file that would show up in the comments section when a sequence is assigned to a set list button. This would allow you to easily recall song structure and other important info about the sequence when you haven't played a song in a while. Set list seems to presuppose that you gig with the same set list night after night so comments are saved there. In a church worship setting I have 300 songs and the set list changes every week. I might not do a song for 6 months so having comments about the nuances of the tune attached to the song sequence file for immediate import into the set list would be wonderful.
timesnothing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a kronos module would do for me. I could then leave my heavyweight kronos 88 at home and use a lighter weighted 88 keyboard for gigging. Laughing
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a really simple request:

Allow the Foot Switch to be assignable in Set List. I'd like to use it for Start/Stop on Sequences and KARMA Latch in Combis.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenophile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fix the bug with USB audio incompatibility between Kronos and OSX!

More flexible USB midi routing. For example, I'd like to use an external midi controller plugged into a USB port to play either internal Kronos timbres or external modules or soft synths connected to other USB ports.

Enhancements to Set List Comments:
- Support multiple comments pages per slot
- Allow import of .txt, .pdf etc files (charts, sheet music) via USB
- Move the damned "Cancel" button on the comment editing screen to a location where you are less likely to hit it accidentally and lose your changes! (Or at least add an "are you sure?" dialog before blowing away edits!)
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wishlist has remained relatively unchanged for the past few years, and shares much in common with the wishes of others.

Support for more sample RAM
    More power!
    Ability to display and work in linear timecode (hh:mm:ss) in the sequencer (as well as bars/beats).
    Support for receiving MIDI Time Code
    Multi-channel digital IO
    Larger screen
    Ability to label controls in the External Control mode
    Ability to install EXS expansions from the external hard drive (so they can be transferred via FTP).
    More banks and improved bank referencing (wave sequences are aweseome but a pain to work with when using third-party soundsets).
    Ability to change the active track when recording / improved loop recording workflow.
    When editing samples, the ability to audition samples whilst changing the loop points.

Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it has been a while. Got wrapped up in two album projects and lusting after studio gear. Anyhow...

Along with the above lists - put the good ones together and KORG can keep dominating for three years - here are mine.
  • More piano models, including popular vintage keyboards like harpsichord, Yamaha CP-80 Electric Grand and Hohner Pianet Duo.
  • A streamlined Wavestation-like wavelist set up.
  • Either figure out how to make a world class Lexicon/Yamaha quality reverb, or license one of theirs.
  • Comprehensive sampling processing, including creation of wavetables and granular processing.
  • Have a virtual modular VA like Nord G2 and Arturia Origin, with enough horsepower to make a polyphonic Moog Modular III, ARP 2500 or Roland System 700. Include all the best oscillator and filter models, as well as obscure effects like Bode Frequency Shifter.
  • Keyboard with polyphonic pressure, and a large ribbon a la CS-80 and Kurzweil.
  • Lots of rotary encoders and sliders on the panel, as well as velocity and pressure sensitive pads.
  • Much larger solid state drive and much more fast ram.

Also, a separate analog synth like a Trident III, Chroma or Polaris II, and a virtual modular keyboard for those who just want a VA synth to go with their existing Kronos.
brad arant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Might as well ask for VST3 support with wine graphics Reply with quote

Support for VST3 modules for a synth engine as well as VST effects on effects buss.

This is a wish list after all.

Would be hard to manage the resources but I figured someone had to put it here.
brad arant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: External touch monitor support and modular synth engine Reply with quote

Perhaps externalizing to a larger monitor with full modular patch cord style synth modules to assemble your own sounds as an engine to the Korg set.
brad arant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Harmonics oscillator Reply with quote

Got one more here.

Back in the 60s and 70s Bell Labs had developed an additive synthesis keyboard (experimental of course) used by Walter (Wendy) Carlos. It used a sine wave table approach where the phase and amplitude of each harmonic could be specified and the sound was generated accordingly.

Using a phase shift, the sine wave amplitude was controlled with very low overhead as computers back then were very slow. I have used such a pattern in Synthedit modules and have achieved very clear output with no aliasing distortions at any frequency.

You can also control the relationships of harmonics to get stiff string effects like pianos and steel or bell like harmonics.

The difficulty is in managing envelopes for the harmonics since there can be many a the lower frequencies.

Just thought it might be a cool idea for an engine of some sort.
timesnothing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely one of the main limitations with korg at the moment, is the inability to produce a light weight piano action.

I don't like comparing companies, but surely it would be good for business, for korg to speak to kawai and somehow negotiate a plan to use their light weight compact keyboard action. The same as what's in the kawai es110.

I wouldn't swap my original kronos for anything, but would love the opportunity to have a lightweight keyboard to travel with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: