Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Kronos wish list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITguy54 wrote:
runningman67 wrote:
marc1 wrote:
A step sequencer matrix for drum programming would be very welcomed. As someone who like's to programm drums instead of playing them, this would be very useful.

This would be awesome.

My wish is that people would stop buying the Kronos 2 so Korg would have an incentive to bring out the 3. Then I would like to see Korg drop the price on all Kronos 2 models by $1000. Hey I can dream can't I?

nothing wrong with that request.

Have been advocating a $500 price drop for some time.
Seems to be going nowhere Wink

Its not just Kronos being 'over priced'. I think digital stage pianos at $2000 are also over priced. Given what the K2 offers , $3000 - $3500 , might seem reasonable.

This 'pro keyboard ' segment is over priced. I agree with your premise. New owners seem willing to invest in this 'specialized hardware'. Montage is expensive, Nord stage keyboard prices are frothy. Etc etc etc.

Owners will justify the purchase, I get that. And the manufacturers understand the psychology of the price and push the value. Many follow along. I think there should be more healthy criticism of high priced keyboards.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's healthy to request new features, keeps manufacturers on their toes but I still feel that the Kronos is the best bang for buck synth out there.
The next being the Korg Monologue.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
It's healthy to request new features, keeps manufacturers on their toes but I still feel that the Kronos is the best bang for buck synth out there.
The next being the Korg Monologue.

As a +7 yr owner, I have gotten outstanding utility from Kronos, but have been impatient due to nothing developmentally presented for over a year. I think we should enjoy regular tangible progress vs long periods of silence.

I see that Qui has some new Kronos programming. I am glad to see a 3rd party program sound developer step up and offer something new.
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basic suggestions:
-CC#70 should control the sustain AND break level of the EG's. While this can sound normal on the legacy synths it ends up sounding awkward with the Kronos' advanced EG's.
-Allow LFO 1&2 speeds to be modulated by CC#76, 77 even while sync'd to bpm note values. Or in the very least allow the multiply parameter to be modulated by said CC#'s.
-Allow KARMA sliders to move without a clock source. This is a strange bug that Stephen wasn't even aware of. Or perhaps it's a feature and it's original point has since been forgotten. This bug however doesn't actually effect system performance as you're only really changing KARMA sliders while a GE is running anyway.
-Fix some obvious bugs with the Editor Librarian software like the system freeze when trying to edit the MS-20 from the face of the unit while switching between programs. This reproduceable bug might be best shown with a video.
-Fix the MOD-7 filter EG assignments in the Editor Librarian.
-Fix the MOD-7 oscillator mode routing graphics in the Editor Librarian to the correct diagrams. I can't remember which diagram is incorrect off the top of my head.
-Add the Waveshaper IFX illustrations from the Editor Librarian (or manual) into the graphics of IFX 024 Stereo Wave Shaper running on the Kronos. Not so unlike how the transfer function tables are shown in the MOD-7 oscillators.
-There's some drastic MIDI clock jitter going on in the KARMA software when KK is being controlled by an external clock source. I'd need to double check to see if this is a PC only problem or possibly a virtual MIDI bus problem.
-Add some of the many unused CC's (39-63) to the AMS list. This would allow for more open automation sources with a DAW.
-Allow Portamento Time (CC#5) to work in Combi mode. I think this must be some sort of bug. As far as I can tell it's the only automation source that doesn't work in Combi mode.
-Fix the spelling mistake in the on IFX 038 and 039. The last mic on the dropdown list is spelled "Kick Dymanic". Unless you're trying to create the sound of a "manic" Kick lol, pretty sure they meant "Kick Dynamic".

Drastic suggestions:
-Add some of the OASYS PCI engines such as the prophet, moog, or physical modelling synths.
-Add Mono/PolyEX and Arp OdysseyEX engines.
-Add some of the Grandstage Engines (Vox and Compact). While I personally don't really care about these engines, I think porting them would be a breeze since the Granstage must be running the Kronos OS right?
-A granular engine as opposed to the Grainshifter post effect. Or a wavescanning engine as opposed to the Scratch post effect. (This is by far the most unrealistic suggestion on this list)
-The vocoder is only twelve or thirteen bands. Would be nice to have something like 64 bands or whatever limit is possible without noticeable latency. Or even ditching the current one for the MMT 16 band with formant motion capture.
-Sound Quest updating the plug-in editor to 64bit for modern DAW integration. IMO the current solution of using a bridge is way too clunky to the point of being unusable.
-Add a surround panner for people using all six outputs. It'd be super fun to use the VJS to pan a mono or stereo synth source around a surround field. Added effects like a surround reverb would be nice with this option a la the Integra 7. The six tap chorus delay would also be an excellent choice to adopt for surround (or rather a five tap chorus for each satellite. The panner would automatically adjust the feedback level of taps that are going to each output). The LFE channel would be adjusted with a global crossover filter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: