Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa700 Tips and Tutorials

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Korg Pa700 Tips and Tutorials Reply with quote

As some of us have now had the Korg Pa700 for a few weeks thought we could put together some hints and tips.
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning on purchasing one later this winter hopefully. I have been searching for videos and finding English quality videos are a rare thing to come by. I like to see what people can do with this who are not so talented in the playing of keyboard much like myself. Or showing off styles especially styles created by owners. Midi to style videos would be nice also. Does anyone in the US even own a Pa700 I am beginning to wonder? You know to be fair I do kind of enjoy this Vietnamese guys videos. Still it would be nice to get more of a pop/ rock view of what it is capable of.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Korg Video Manual on the PA700.

There are eight different videos that each cover specific aspects of the keyboard, they are all there on Youtube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y93U9xG85ao

Also search out the video on Songbook Editor it is about 1/2 hour long.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMfOe0qUXo

A great demo of the sounds

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuc99gh91OA

For a side by side comparison

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnLpaDyF_vU

BTW this video was made by my local Music Store where I bought my PA700 from.

The Korg Video Manual does indeed cover MIDI to Style conversions which is so easy, just follow the tutorial steps and its done. I have added a few to my 700 already.

There is a software update which I have installed itis now v1.1 very easy to do just read the pdf that is with the unzipped file.

I am in the UK and we have had another update that gives the inbuilt Songbook better names and tags, it is something to do with copyright and each countries Korg agency should probably do the same so check it out.

Anyone new to Kirg can also look through the Youtube videos on the other PA keyboards as they are similar.

Went to a demo evening at A & C Hamiltons in Preston UK on Wednesday where the PA4X with Osimo and the PA1000 were put through their paces. Very impressive especially the 1000 which has similar but more sounds, styles and songbook entries to our 700 so that reinforced my own experience which is that the 700 is a great, highly customisable and very easy to expand keyboard.

After hearing all three and having a one to one with the Korg demonstrator yesterday for an hour, if I was after a top quality keyboard I would bypass the 1000 and go straight to the 4X it is that awesome of a keyboard.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIPS
Look through the Korg Video Manual tutorials on Songbook and the one on Recording. Look though them multiple times and practice to become fluent.

You can then use a standard Style, modify the Keyboard sets to suit and create your own Style and even record a backing track of your song.

Create your own Setlist from the Songbook entries so that those you want to perform, play along with or simply to practice are all together in one list.

I created a Setlist of the songs we play in a Keyboard group I belong too, the Yamaha players are pressing multiple buttons to set up each song, me I press Setlist, press the song, press Exit and I am good to go with the Style, Keyboard sets, Intro and Variation together with the Tempo all set and ready to go.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Pa700 Reply with quote

I'm slowly getting the hang of it, tweaking some of the sounds to my liking at the moment. I'd like to learn more about adding effect to sounds for example a simple Piano sound how it can be changed to sound more interesting.
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Biggles however those are ones I have watched and must have missed the file conversion . I am looking for newer user videos of a more western flavor. I’m hoping a few of these begin selling stateside soon and users begin to submit examples hopefully. It is a fairly new keyboard I know but should be seeing more soon I think if the keyboard becomes a bit more popular.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csteen wrote:
Thanks Biggles however those are ones I have watched and must have missed the file conversion . I am looking for newer user videos of a more western flavor. I’m hoping a few of these begin selling stateside soon and users begin to submit examples hopefully. It is a fairly new keyboard I know but should be seeing more soon I think if the keyboard becomes a bit more popular.

I know what you mean, I too am hunting for info, being new to Korg the system is totally different and modifying the styles to get what I want is proving frustrating.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Pa700 Reply with quote

Ive been going through the styles if I find a keyboard set I like storing it in one of the user slots
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been wondering about style conversions and also wondered if A Yamaha would work better for me. It’s a huge deal to me and I am new to arrangers. I also have a Korg M50 that I will be using with it also and no the midi conversions n on that one can be a pain at times. I do like the idea of being familiar with the Korg files system and believe it would mate up with the M5 nicely.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csteen wrote:
Been wondering about style conversions and also wondered if A Yamaha would work better for me. It’s a huge deal to me and I am new to arrangers. I also have a Korg M50 that I will be using with it also and no the midi conversions n on that one can be a pain at times. I do like the idea of being familiar with the Korg files system and believe it would mate up with the M5 nicely.

I compared side by side a Yamaha s770 against the Korg 700, it was very poor in comparison, materials looked low quality but the sound quality was vastly inferior to the Korg.

I have been playing around with the styles tonight and edited an existing style, renamed it and then went into it to assign specific instruments to the sts buttons and changed the pad sounds, adjusted the standard volumes, and set the initial variation and intro. It is very easy once you know how to do it wether the how I did it process retains in my rather old grey matter overnight is another matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: