Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA Manager List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
I'll consider it too but based on the price and conditions.

Pete Very Happy

+1, I think we all think the same about this, putting our name on the list is only an intention to buy.

Play in style. Wink
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I intend to speak to somebody at Korg P.A. Manager on Friday. I am going to suggest that they use the 'Discount Code' facility on their website so that each interested Korg Forum member can purchase their license individually. This saves one Korg Forum member from having to collate all the payments just to make their job easier. It puts a lot of responsibility on that Korg Forum member and as far as I know, there is nobody willing to do it. As Karmathanever pointed out to me, members are around the World, who would be paying in different currencies. This would all occur because Korg P.A. Manager insist on the money in one lump sum.
The reason I keep referring to 'them' as Korg P.A. Manager is because so far they refuse to give me a name. I am a little concerned about this because if you were going to speak to someone at Korg U.K. you could look on their website and find a phone number (Korg P.A. Manager will not provide a phone number). Once you speak to Korg U.K. you have names of staff you can speak to (which are also on their website). Unfortunately Korg P.A.Manager do not give out names. I do know the writer of the software is called Alex, but when I speak via their 'Live Chat' facility, they still don't supply names. so I'm unsure if I am actually speaking to Alex himself.
If I am being totally honest, the secretive manner that Korg P.A. Manager conduct themselves in would under normal circumstances make me very wary about purchasing their goods (despite the abilities of the software).

As I said at the start of this post, I will try and speak to 'them' on Friday. If I still am unable to agree anything with them (that I can present to you Forum members to your satisfaction) then I will ask another Forum to step in and try to speak with them. The only option being the 'Live Chat' facility on their website.
Chris

p.s. Why they would have a 'Discount Code' facility on their website and not allow us to use it is beyond me !!
Maybe they will offer us a 'January sale' discount code.
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, agree totally Chris - good work btw Smile
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, sorry been out of the loop on this for a few days, busy with gigs and recording.

I am a little confused also why Korg PA Manager are seemingly so difficult to get along with. Here is a great opportunity for them to grab some easy sales and I wouldnt have thought the software was flying out of the door as its a niche market to say the least. The spin off for them also is that is a number of us buy this that we will discuss its usefulness and features which could lead to further sales so as far as PA Manager are concerned they cant really loose out of any deal we might be able to arrange. Additionally once you have users then future updates can generate more sales.

They need to lighten up there and see the opportunity that is available,

Regarding the purchasing and the idea of a voucher code that is the best idea for all of the reasons that have been put forward and again I see no reason why they cannot organise this.

If you dont have any luck on Friday I would be willing to speak with them and see what gives, hopefully though you might be able to gain some traction.

Keep us all posted and thanks for your efforts
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it is a bit strange for sure. I'm surprised Asena hasn't said anything yet. According to him he was part of the Korg Pa Manager team or something to that effect.

In any case, I think I'll just take the upgrade deal that "they" have for the current users sometimes in the near future. I own version 2 so I'll just pay the upgrade fee.

rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Just make sure you talk to him first and get satisfactory answers to how it will work as a group buy.

Mine crashed during an update a while back and I haven’t reinstalled it again, as yet.
Probably an OVERLY sensitive virus protection on my pc, but it kept coming up as an unsafe or untrusted site can’t quite remember what terminology was, and not sure what it means. I had it for my pa3x prior to my upgrade, and never had any problems. Great program.

Only reason I haven’t persevered was, I had my styles sorted and I haven’t been playing much.

But just make sure you talk to him first, and that he’s ok with what you’re planning, the updates are pretty important and you need to know you can get them.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rikki,
Yes I will be specific about upgrades, etc when talking to them.
Chris
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,
Just make sure all your questions are answered. It involves codes being sent to authorise etc etc, the security is pretty high , from what I can make of it.
I’ll probably try re installing mine, I was just a bit nervous at the time about the message I got on my pc. It was round about the time that worldwide Microsoft security scare a number of months back, and I was paranoid about getting the bug. Haha

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Something else worth checking..

I uninstalled my program after it crashed. Found my old setup this afternoon, loaded it back in, it immediately comes up with message, new update available v3. Ok , I bought mine last year or earlier this year, can’t quite remember, , I think it’s only be version 2, can’t tell, because it won’t let me open it without upgrading to v3. If I have to upgrade it’s going to cost me another 50 pounds or whatever the currency is..

What is worth finding out is if every time he upgrades the program, ( its gone from vers1, then 2, now 3) do you have to buy the upgrade ( updates are free) or will the old version still work?? Ie I can’t get my old version to work, it automatically takes me to the new upgrade. Could be because I uninstalled, and have just now reinstalled. If not, is one a hostage to having to buy an upgrade every time he does one?

Could be worth asking.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rikki, I also bought v2 a year or so ago and I also get a dialogue box pop up every time I do something with the software, which says " A new Major Version [v3.1.4725] is available. Would you like to download and try it?".

Luckily for me though (unlike you), there is a Yes or No option at the bottom of the dialogue box and if I select no it takes me into the v2 software (so, I guess, your issue may be to do with your uninstalling/re-installing the software).

To be honest, I haven't used the v2 software much at all, even though I'm sure it is a useful tool. The few times I've tried to use it recently, it keeps saying that styles in the set are "encrypted" and that I need to delete them before I can open the set (FYI, as far as I know, these are merely the new Korg styles in favorites that came with v2.0, as I haven't loaded any non standard v2 styles yet).

All in all, the main thing that I'd personally like the new v3 software to do is to let me copy and paste style elements from one style to another (i.e. copy variation 1 in style 'a' to variation 3 in style 'b') but despite watching the promo video and looking at the website, I'm still unclear whether this is possible (I suspect not, but would love to be proven wrong!).

Subsequently, I thought I'd let you know that it looks like you can stay at a previous version and that you are not forced to upgrade (but those constant popups asking you the same upgrade question, after everything you do, are proving to be a real pain!).

Best wishes,
Jon
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon,
I understand your frustrations regarding the version 2 software.
I would suggest you go to the Forum (link below) and use the 'Live Chat' facility to ask the questions you would like answered.
Although I cannot get names or phone numbers from them, there always seems to be somebody at the other end of the website I can enter into dialogue with.
Chris

https://www.korgpamanager.com/

p.s. Could you let us know how you get on, particularly in regards to the popups as this can be incredibly frustrating.
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon,
Thank you for clearing that up. I suspected it might have been because I had uninstalled the software. Probably if I had reinstalled before version 3 became available, I would have been ok. I uninstalled it months ago.

I might do a bit more reading up on what version 3 has to offer.

I really only upgraded to version 2 to help organise my style collection, which I managed to do. The program has far more to offer than what I used it for.

I’ll see how I go, maybe I can get my version 2 back, or if worthwhile I may upgrade to vers. 3.

It was my overly protective virus protection software causing the hassle with reinstalling, realised when it tried stopping me upgrading my band in a box software which I’ve been using for over 20 years.. haha

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon,
Doubt it would do the type of style editing you’re referring to, if it did, I wouldn’t hesitate in upgrading. I’ll have a look too, but I don’t like our chances.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
Sorry for the late reply. I did manage to speak to Alex this afternoon (through the chat feature on the Korg P.A. Website).
He asked that interested Korg Forum members look at the Korg P.A. Manager website http://www.korgpamanager.com/
He also invites any Korg Forum members to speak to him with their concerns using the 'Chat' facility on the website.

On the website are answers to frequently asked questions. There are also tutorials explaining how to use the P.A. Manager software.
The website explains that minor updates are all free of charge.
If there is a major jump (from say version 3 to version 4) then a fee would be payable. Our group would enjoy the same rights as an individuals paying the full price for the software.

Alex understands that it would be complicated to pay in one lump sum for our group. He has agreed to allocate us each a discount code which we would use when purchasing the software license individually on his website. He will not release the software access codes until a minimum of ten Forum members have paid for their licences. If less than ten people pay for licences, he will refund each of those Forum members and not release the software access codes. As he has stated previously, our group discount is based on a minimum of ten Forum members purchasing the software.

I went on to speak to him about pricing. He is adamant that he will not go below £80 per license (on a ten minimum purchase).
I pointed out that you only need three people to obtain a reduction from £125 to £83-33p U.K. and we are a group in excess of ten. Despite this, he repeated that £80-00 per license is his absolute minimum price.

I have spoken twice to Kyren in the sales department at Korg U.K. and he promised to discuss our situation with Ian Bradshaw (product Manager). So far I have not had a response from them. I was hoping they may have been able to assist us in obtaining a favourable group deal.

I dont want to influence Forum members by commenting on this thread, but in a day or so I will post on the other P.A. Manager thread.
Chris
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
...Despite this, he repeated that £80-00 per license is his absolute minimum price. ....

In that case, I'll go ahead and take the upgrade deal for current V2 owners.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: