Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA Manager List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi all,
Sorry for the late reply. I did manage to speak to Alex this afternoon (through the chat feature on the Korg P.A. Website).
He asked that interested Korg Forum members look at the Korg P.A. Manager website http://www.korgpamanager.com/
He also invites any Korg Forum members to speak to him with their concerns using the 'Chat' facility on the website.

On the website are answers to frequently asked questions. There are also tutorials explaining how to use the P.A. Manager software.
The website explains that minor updates are all free of charge.
If there is a major jump (from say version 3 to version 4) then a fee would be payable. Our group would enjoy the same rights as an individuals paying the full price for the software.

Alex understands that it would be complicated to pay in one lump sum for our group. He has agreed to allocate us each a discount code which we would use when purchasing the software license individually on his website. He will not release the software access codes until a minimum of ten Forum members have paid for their licences. If less than ten people pay for licences, he will refund each of those Forum members and not release the software access codes. As he has stated previously, our group discount is based on a minimum of ten Forum members purchasing the software.

I went on to speak to him about pricing. He is adamant that he will not go below £80 per license (on a ten minimum purchase).
I pointed out that you only need three people to obtain a reduction from £125 to £83-33p U.K. and we are a group in excess of ten. Despite this, he repeated that £80-00 per license is his absolute minimum price.

I have spoken twice to Kyren in the sales department at Korg U.K. and he promised to discuss our situation with Ian Bradshaw (product Manager). So far I have not had a response from them. I was hoping they may have been able to assist us in obtaining a favourable group deal.

I dont want to influence Forum members by commenting on this thread, but in a day or so I will post on the other P.A. Manager thread.
Chris

FWIW, I agree with this. I feel the price could be better and is barely below that offered for a three person deal. 80 euros is nearly $125 in AUD so it is not cheap by any means!

Good luck with getting any support from Korg...I await the outcomes of such discussions.
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thanks to Chris for doing the leg work on Korg PA Manager.

My own observations on this are that Alex is being a little shortsighted here, whilst I understand he wants to protect his revenue ( Who Would'nt )
Being able to sell out 10 or more licenses would generate income that currently he is missing out on. The discount structure does't make any sense and as has already been pointed out its £ 80 for the volume of three, for ten it should be less but of course Alex can sell it for what he likes IF he has people who will buy it at the price he is wanting.

I think that a 10 volume licence would be more realistic at £ 70 per license and of course once he has us onboard as customers that will promote income from updates. Mm !

I am also concerned that the OSX version he says works on Mac has issues and its not at all clear if those issues are resolved and at least one other user has reported ongoing issues at PA Manager not working on OSX.

What does anyone else think about the deal on the table ?
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I think I have to drop out of this.

One thing that has concerned me (before this "group purchase" topic came up) is my confidence (i.e. alleged instability) in the "OSX" version.
Also, I am already sick of having to re-purchase the same software when OSX gets updated....

Sorry, but I'm out - may consider it later down the track if the product progresses well.....

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
A.R

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe if admin allow we most invite members from other pa group on this forum with one invite message on every pa group.

i think with more user maybe Chris can make a good deal
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.R wrote:
maybe if admin allow we most invite members from other pa group on this forum with one invite message on every pa group.

mintjamman has already done this...

Very Happy
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.R wrote:

i think with more user maybe Chris can make a good deal

You can invade many users you want, but Chris already explain is done deal, is not gonna change.
1 License £ 125.
2 Licenses £ 200, 100 each.
3 Licenses £ 250, 83.33 each.
10 Licenses £ 80 each, but only if all 10 will comply, nobody get activation code until 10 people pay.
This is best you gonna get, no matter how long you going to debate about.
(already explain by Chris)
For people who got already Ver.2 is upgrade price £50 and from Ver.1 £70.
Korg Pa Manager is approve by KORG INC. , but only as a tool which has no harm to use with Korg Pa arrangers, Korg INC. has no control prices.
Read Disclaimer on top of page.
http://www.korg.com/us/features/arrangers/bonusware/
You find Korg Pa Manager under Computer Tool.
mintjamman wrote:
Being able to sell out 10 or more licenses would generate income that currently he is missing out on.

You way wrong, sales doing great, Korg Pa Manager is not in position to look cheap sales, is doing exactly how was projected
@mintjamman, please keep that kind of comments to yourself, don't confuse others.
Nobody blame you to try save £3.33 on License.!!
Korg Pa Manager is a TOOL, is not something you must have, is your choice, if you wanna make easy, faster is good investment.
Is Perfect for Pa600, Pa300, or older version users, you can use as Sampler, convert Sounds, create Banks for your Pa. etc.

BTW. Thank you to keep sticky topic, but why don't you try read all on website, maybe download 14 days free trial and then see if is worth for you.
Some people here won't even try yet. Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to make the "14 days free trial" more obvious on their web page - didn't even know it existed...!!!
What are the demo version's limitations? Seems "saving" is for the WINDOWS version - Mac OSX????? Same I guess.

The demo version reference is for those with 20/20 vision and only seems to appear on the actual download page.

Very Happy
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,
You can’t save.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
They need to make the "14 days free trial" more obvious on their web page - didn't even know it existed...!!!
What are the demo version's limitations? Seems "saving" is for the WINDOWS version - Mac OSX????? Same I guess.

The demo version reference is for those with 20/20 vision and only seems to appear on the actual download page.

Very Happy

Pete, believe or not but this is not most important to make BIG Font free trial notice. Wink
You can't miss, is on download page, is let you use without pay, you like it, you pay for activation... simple.
The most priority is improving, something not many people see, not many care, software developers working every single day on not only fixing errors, they constantly improving this program.
https://www.korgpamanager.com/download/changes/
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK but thought it odd not to promote "free demo trial" on the main page.
It's sensible marketing - "try-before-you-buy" - great way of getting customers.

Just saying.... Very Happy
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman, please keep that kind of comments to yourself, don't confuse others.

Nemik, Firstly I was not trying to confuse anyone and I do not believe any was confused in reading what I said save possibly for you. I have my own opinion of this as stated and IF anyone was confused then I apologise.

But I stand by what I said regarding volume licensing, your local market shop would work to such a model, pile em high sell them cheap and it’s no accident that the business makes more profit by volume selling, so nothing knew or confusing there me thinks
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
marouan0001

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is the status now?
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will remove myself from this list as well.

Been trying the demo, and TBH for near $130 what it (the PA Manager) does does not really mean a great deal for how I use the PA4.

Sorry guys.
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I look every day on the Forums to see if other members are interested in joining the list, but I honestly think the price scares people off.
Even Alex at Korg P.A. Manager agreed with me when I suggested that similar software (maybe not as comprehensive) should be included free of charge with each arranger purchase.
I know that if I owned the software, I would probably (at best) utilise maybe 25% of it's potential.
Possibly a cut down (lite) version at a lower price would have been a more attractive proposition.

I hope we keep the thread going (at least till Christmas) to see how much interest it will generate. If there is little progress by then, we can then make a decision one way or another.
Chris
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your right Chris Maybe over the next few weeks people will have more time to consider this proposition. I think the price is an issue and when I look at other editors many which are provided by the manufacturer at sale the commercial offerings vary in price, for instance I have Midiquest 11 and at
£192 some will say it’s too expensive, but it handles over 640 instruments and devices where as Alex’s PA Manager handles only one at £125.00

Let’s see what happens
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: