Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sampling as a quick recorder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Sampling as a quick recorder Reply with quote

Hello, please describe how can I use sampling button to quickly record my playing live, and then save it as a stereo file? I have managed, but when I record it to RAM, it is then quite uneasy to save it as stereo - it generates split R and L files and you have to use pc programs to combine it back. Also it takes twice place in hdd.

Of course I can select sample to HDD, but it requires extra steps which diminishes my inspiration. I want just hit record button and play and then save it as stereo. I'd rather waste more time AFTER the recording, than BEFORE, setting up destination and name of the recording, which affects inspiration.

I know in Fantom there is a handy feature, which constantly records last minutes of whatever is played and you can just save it if it was something interesting. Also in FL Studio there's a score logger.

Is there a way to export recorded multisamples from RAM memory as a single stereo file?
Current hardware: Kronos-1 61+1GB RAM+2nd HDD 320 Gb, Triton Extreme 76+MOSS+RAM+dual microSD to CF adapter+64 Gb microSD card, Roland GW7, Casio WK-3300, Casio CTK-631, Farfisa child synth, laptop HP Envy dv7 16Gb ram, Core-i7, 128 SSD+720 GB HDD, E-MU 0202 USB Audio Interface.
Midi: M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, E-MU X-Board 61, launchpad mini, 3 Korg nano controllers, AKAI LPD+LPK, Behringer C2000.
My Kronos wish-list: www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=661561#661561
robbie50

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Me too Reply with quote

Yes, I wanna know this too....
Also had a Fantom x6, great function!

rob
Exclamation
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Sampling as a quick recorder Reply with quote

Aziz1008 wrote:
Hello, please describe how can I use sampling button to quickly record my playing live, and then save it as a stereo file? I have managed, but when I record it to RAM, it is then quite uneasy to save it as stereo - it generates split R and L files and you have to use pc programs to combine it back. Also it takes twice place in hdd.

I always stereo record to DISK, not RAM.
True , it involves a few minutes, or whatever, due to your song length
plus ticking a few menu items.

this YT is decent. I guess you know the steps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d7dHqqo1_s

It will be interesting to see if anyone has a few shortcuts/alternbatives to converting SONG to WAV.

Doing it differently, might involve tight DAW integration with Kronos.

Getting delivery of an FA-07 today/tomorow and it looks like Roland might have a better approach
Aziz1008

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, thanks, I know this, but it records in stereo to RAM just fine, the only problem is how to save R & L multisamples combined. I thought there's a way or function which I missed. But it seems there's none.
Current hardware: Kronos-1 61+1GB RAM+2nd HDD 320 Gb, Triton Extreme 76+MOSS+RAM+dual microSD to CF adapter+64 Gb microSD card, Roland GW7, Casio WK-3300, Casio CTK-631, Farfisa child synth, laptop HP Envy dv7 16Gb ram, Core-i7, 128 SSD+720 GB HDD, E-MU 0202 USB Audio Interface.
Midi: M-Audio Keystation Pro 88, E-MU X-Board 61, launchpad mini, 3 Korg nano controllers, AKAI LPD+LPK, Behringer C2000.
My Kronos wish-list: www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=661561#661561
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aziz1008 wrote:
Greg, thanks, I know this, but it records in stereo to RAM just fine, the only problem is how to save R & L multisamples combined. I thought there's a way or function which I missed. But it seems there's none.

you can record your live playing directly as a wav file, in this video i showed how to do it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: