Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Midi In Setlist Mode & Saving Chord Pads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tfortexas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Using Midi In Setlist Mode & Saving Chord Pads Reply with quote

Hello,

I’m fairly new to the Kronos. I don’t know what the best way to go about doing this would be so I am open to suggestions. I have been editing midi drum tracks on my kronos so that I can play them in the background. My only problem is when I add the midi track to the setlist mode it stops playing the midi background track when I switch to the next sound I am playing. Also is it possible to save chords to my chord pad? I have been setting them up but noticed they do not save after powering off my device. Thank you in advance for your assistance!
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to write/save your program or combi after making changes.
This includes pads setup in a program or combi/song.
Your midi setup has to be made in each setlist slotted sound you will be changing to and also the required start or stop function will have to be applied to them.
Am I correct thinking you are changing to the next sound by switching setlist slots in your set list?
You may have an easier time in sequencer mode switching from song to song more fluidly than from set list mode.
Switching from song to song to song will give you all the program and combi sets you need plus a more seamless transition with all the midi and audio features of sequencer to have as well. There may even be a way to do it from setlist but i am not sure about that.
There are people who only work in sequencer mode because it packs all you need from there. Set list has its unique and important benefits but hardly the "do it all" center that sequencer mode is.

https://youtu.be/TX3lvW_0iR4
This video shows song jumping.

Not sure the details behind making song jumping happen seamlessly but it is the place to be when you consider that sequencer mode gives you all program, combi and more functionality.
IF you can do seamless song jumping from Set list, the advantage over sequencer mode is the organization flow and dedicated setlist EQ.
Tfortexas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your post !!! This is all very helpful and is greatly appreciated!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: