Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAMM 2018 is near. What do you wish for? Your predictions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonMusic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Broadwave wrote:

Time for a new take on Open Labs Neko - Maybe they were too ahead of their game, but it's something I'd kill for now.

+1
Having switched to Komplete Ultimate 11 and a Kontrol Keyboard, all my hardware instruments have taken a major back seat.

Sharp.

I got Komplete 9 Ultimate, K61 keyboard and a Mikkro Maschine a few years ago...For a little while I thought about tearing into my Open Labs Mikko, Pulling the WinXP PC and dropping one of those 4 core Mac mini things in it so I could run Maschine as the DAW with K9U as the library...I'd have to come up with some kind of midi command based software, maybe arduino based or one of those "bits" companies that already have the kits to control the hardware....In the end I decided it wasn't worth the effort because the drum machine pads still wouldn't work for maschine (I'd still have to plug the Maschine drum machine in via USB to access the kit sounds)...I'd also be stuck with the horrid stock key action of the mikko...And it still wouldn't be 100% integrated right without many many hours of tweeking....Decided it's better off staying what it is...An old oversized VST sound module running Steinberg VST player program....Now if NI would release a 61 key with built in audio with maschine drum pads all in one box, I'd probably be tempted...I'm no longer interested in all in one VST workstations like Open Labs and Muse Research (I have a quatt4o)....Neither one lived up to the hype as far as I'm concerned....(Alot of tweeking) Neither one is worth much of anything now so I'll just keep them and use them til they die....
DAW - Protools 9 - HD3 Accel
Plugs - All Spectrasonics,Steve Slate Drums 4.0,Slate Trigger,NI Komplete 9 Ultimate,Korg Legacy,Melodyne 3,Evo Autotune,HD3 Pack,Liquid Mix, Eleven, Ample Sound Guitars
Mics - Audio Technica 4033sm, Apogee mic, several Shure SM-57s, 2- Beta 52, 2- AT 3031, 2- Samson CO2
Other - V-Drums, DW Drums, Zildjian A Customs, Muse Research Qu4ttro, Open Labs Miko Timbaland Edition
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something really worth having:

A full hardware module, polytimbral, for Eigenharp. Or at least something like a fully hardware Eigenharp-MIDI bridge so that you can get an Eigenharp and drive really good sounds without having to first pay the Apple tax.

Something from the house of Access or Waldorf would be good.
MoonMusic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like an M1 little box boutique style...Always loved those sleek round buttons....moon
DAW - Protools 9 - HD3 Accel
Plugs - All Spectrasonics,Steve Slate Drums 4.0,Slate Trigger,NI Komplete 9 Ultimate,Korg Legacy,Melodyne 3,Evo Autotune,HD3 Pack,Liquid Mix, Eleven, Ample Sound Guitars
Mics - Audio Technica 4033sm, Apogee mic, several Shure SM-57s, 2- Beta 52, 2- AT 3031, 2- Samson CO2
Other - V-Drums, DW Drums, Zildjian A Customs, Muse Research Qu4ttro, Open Labs Miko Timbaland Edition
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonMusic wrote:
I'd like an M1 little box boutique style...Always loved those sleek round buttons....moon

That would be good, with some knobs where the old parameter buttons were so the player can program a little more readily.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
afr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://image.ibb.co/kwB02G/synthjam_Bdh_MVSMAd_Nk.jpg

Is this the new P....8...?
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afr wrote:
https://image.ibb.co/kwB02G/synthjam_Bdh_MVSMAd_Nk.jpg

Is this the new P....8...?

In a word... No.

Obvious Photoshop, sorry.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope it's not a Poly 800 rerelease. I know lots of people have a softspot for it due to it being an affordable synth for the time. I've come close to buying one a couple of times but when it came to the trying it out before buying, both times I've played it and decided it sounds rather average and not worth the 500 bucks (au) it's been sold at for 20yrs now. Putting an M1 through an MS-20 (or any other mono filterbank with an envelope follower) will produce a Poly 800.
If Korg are going to do a hybrid synth, they can do so much better than a paraphonic synth, especially after pumping out the Minilogue for a few bucks more than Poly 800's go for 2nd hand.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
leonh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gadget and M1 to be included on Kronos .
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamarkd wrote:
I really hope it's not a Poly 800 rerelease. I know lots of people have a softspot for it due to it being an affordable synth for the time. I've come close to buying one a couple of times but when it came to the trying it out before buying, both times I've played it and decided it sounds rather average and not worth the 500 bucks (au) it's been sold at for 20yrs now. Putting an M1 through an MS-20 (or any other mono filterbank with an envelope follower) will produce a Poly 800.
If Korg are going to do a hybrid synth, they can do so much better than a paraphonic synth, especially after pumping out the Minilogue for a few bucks more than Poly 800's go for 2nd hand.

LOL won't you be suprised.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leonh wrote:

Face palm Hillarious ROFL

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might sound a little silly- I have the 15th circled on my calendar.
( does anyone still use a paper version ?)

I am curious about Korgs keyboard/workstation strategy for 2018. And curious if they will do some kind on 10 day product countdown.

I know that gimmick is sort of cheesy . I am interested in clues prior to Jan 25. Assuming Korg does anything on the workstation front for 2018.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_SamDoogie wrote:

I'm confused as to where everyone is getting such confidence it will be a Poly-wants-a-cracker-800mkiii from? Or are you just trolling?
AnthonyB
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leonh wrote:

Well, the korg m1 was manufactured in 1988, so a 30th anniversary-kronos edition perhaps? - and with all the expansion cards! Very Happy

Tony

JOHN 3:16

Last edited by AnthonyB on Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnthonyB wrote:
leonh wrote:

Well, the korg m1 was manufactured in 1988, so a 30th anniversary-kronos edition perhaps? - and with all the expansion cards! Very Happy

Tony

Interesting point. I was thinking that the M1 is already part of the Legacy package so would be remaining a virtual instrument, but a 30th anniversary of the workstation synth would sorta be the point to release a new workstation synth.
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamarkd wrote:
Mr_SamDoogie wrote:

I'm confused as to where everyone is getting such confidence it will be a Poly-wants-a-cracker-800mkiii from? Or are you just trolling?

Nope I'm just saying "won't you be surprised" not claiming anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: