Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAMM 2018 is near. What do you wish for? Your predictions?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ExaJeff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: NAMM 2018 is near. What do you wish for? Your predictions? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Once again, NAMM (but 2018) is just a few weeks away.

As always, someone has to ask, and this year it might as well be me. Laughing

What are you wishing for ?
From what companies ?

AND

What do you think will really happen ?

I'm curious to see your answers. Very Happy
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still want to see a decomposed digital workstation, with arbitrary routing.

I don't think that anyone will do this, because it's too freaky (although it's a hop, skip and jump from what the AIRA concept is).

I rather expect to be very bored by NAMM this time around. I don't expect anything deeply exciting on the horizon.

As a sort of second-tier hope, I want to see Casio up their game again to keep pressure on the big boys. Their current offerings range, if you ignore the logo, from solid to kind of impressive - and at very nice prices. If I were advising a brand new musician, Casio would be near the head of the list as being usable while budget-friendly.
ExaJeff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one, would like to see a next generation Kaoss Pad from Korg.

It would combine the Kaossilator Pro+ and the KP3+ but with more of everything :
- More tracks (8 at least)
- More sounds
- More effects
- More Arp patterns
- More functionnalities
- AND WITH UNDO POSSIBILITIES

Something that would eclipse the Boss RC50 and RC300 in power and in workflow would be great.
But in desktop form, not pedal form.

Very Happy

What do I think will happen ?
ANOTHER KORG GUITAR TUNER !!! Laughing
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very simple

A Korg Kronos with voice recognition ( not my wife's voice, or my cats meow)

Typing in stuff, and drop down menus, super tiny fonts , disk management, multiple pages and tabs etc, etc is so 1980's
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new Korg P-------n, where n = 0-9.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Analogue synths are great. I like them a lot. I have many of them. They are all essentially the same though. Also the market is reaching saturation point for analogue monosynths. I'd like something different. Six 8bit digital osc's that can use samples arranged such that they can be routed to modulate each other and then mixed into the signal path (similar to Yamaha's DX FM model). Granular processing. FM (non-DX style). 6 voice polyphony and multitimbres. Analogue multi mode filters. That's the basics. If any company can do this, I'll be very happy. Yes the Peak is similar to what I have listed here, but it's still a cut and dried subtractive synth.

From Korg, ignoring the charades game they are playing ("It's a musical instrument, 6 letters, 1st letter P...."), I want another hybrid drum machine, but this time a big one. Like one that has playable pads on it. One with big dials and sliders. And it has to have more than sample speed on the digital side. In fact it has to have all the regular controls any of the analogue sounds will have. Getting to which, the Kick should be like the Volca Kick, snare needs to be actually good, the hats need a half open which is doable with individual decay on the open and the closed. Half open it a longer decay closed hat. IT NEEDS A COW BELL. I guess I'm wanting a cross between the DrumBrute and the Double Drummer.

From Roland, I want full sized versions of what they released this year. And maybe something that isn't trying to recoup the thousands of dollars they perceive they missed out on once their 80's gear became chic after they discontinued it all. What are they upto, year 20 of trying? They need to just release the quartet in full size with nothing changed or added. 808, 909, 303, and Juno 6. The rest of the machines are not needed. If they do that they can leave it all alone again.

Yamaha needs a new drum machine.

Novation needs a new Drum Station.

Waldorf need to release the Quantum. And a drum machine.

Arturia need a new step sequencing workstation.

Okay, I'll make this easy, everyone needs a new drum machine. And sampler.

Koekepan wrote:

I rather expect to be very bored by NAMM this time around. I don't expect anything deeply exciting on the horizon.

As a sort of second-tier hope, I want to see Casio up their game again to keep pressure on the big boys. Their current offerings range, if you ignore the logo, from solid to kind of impressive - and at very nice prices. If I were advising a brand new musician, Casio would be near the head of the list as being usable while budget-friendly.

Casio made some impressive digital synths in the past, but for some reason made decision to not cater to the pro synth any more at some stage. I'd like to see them bring back the FZ series.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about groovecrates? That is, grooveboxes, but bigger and more powerful, like the Synthstrom Deluge?

Maybe we could have an ElecHorde? EleClan? 64 voice polyphony and a really substantial effects model?

Of course, Gadget on the Switch looks like the best thing going right now, and that is not bad!
wma

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

novation impulse have been announced/released for around 6 years, maybe they introduce a new one

maybe yamaha introduces a lower-end montage - a successor of moxf

for few years i expect roland to make a hybrid 61 juno as a succession of Gi

and the most interesting are korg workstations - a new line-up
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:
How about groovecrates? That is, grooveboxes, but bigger and more powerful, like the Synthstrom Deluge?

Maybe we could have an ElecHorde? EleClan? 64 voice polyphony and a really substantial effects model?

Of course, Gadget on the Switch looks like the best thing going right now, and that is not bad!

LOL groovecrate. Don't tell Roland about that concept, they'll run with it for sure.

On paper the Deluge looks great. To my ears it's a massive letdown. The sequencer is fantastic but the sounds may as well be GM sounds from 1990. Without the synth I'd put the effort in to obtain one (and it is quite some effort to get one).

I'd like to see a return of the multieffects rack myself. It's annoying to have excellent fx on one synth, but not be able to utilised them for anything else.

What's your idea behind the Elechorde and 'clan? Are they just "Elec" and a popular word for a bit of fun or are you being serious? They sound like those really bad tower defence games suckers pay for on their phones.

Funnily enough, I'm totally ignoring the new century handheld games console synths after owning 3 DS10's and the DS's to go with them before phones became smart. This post is distracting me from tracking down a Gameboy original and ordering Nanoloop cart as I can't find the kit I bought in 2003. For my tastes in synthesis, that little program is the beast. Best bit is setting the tempo above 999bpm, turning the sequencer into an oscillator!
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamarkd wrote:
LOL groovecrate. Don't tell Roland about that concept, they'll run with it for sure.

HEY! ROLAND! YOU NEED TO GET IN ON GROOVECRATES BEFORE YAMAHA EATS YOUR LUNCH!!!

*ahem*

megamarkd wrote:
On paper the Deluge looks great. To my ears it's a massive letdown. The sequencer is fantastic but the sounds may as well be GM sounds from 1990. Without the synth I'd put the effort in to obtain one (and it is quite some effort to get one).

I dunno about that. The synthesis model does seem to have some legs based on the material I've heard posted. The original demos sucked larded salami through vacuum hose, I agree, but the sound design potential does seem to be there.

megamarkd wrote:
I'd like to see a return of the multieffects rack myself. It's annoying to have excellent fx on one synth, but not be able to utilised them for anything else.

Yeah, the absence of those is more or less why I gave up and just got a bunch of multi-effects pedals. It's impressive what some cheap pedals from Zoom can achieve these days. Very synth-friendly as well.

megamarkd wrote:
What's your idea behind the Elechorde and 'clan? Are they just "Elec" and a popular word for a bit of fun or are you being serious? They sound like those really bad tower defence games suckers pay for on their phones.

Just ... elec. And I suppose clans and hordes are a different scale from tribes? Elecnation? Sounds like a world full of electrohouse fans.

But I am being serious. Imagine an electribe, scaled up in terms of polyphony, synthesis model, and sequencing. The synthesis answer to the MPC world's sampling approach. It would sell in truckloads as howling masses demand to give KORG their money.

megamarkd wrote:
Funnily enough, I'm totally ignoring the new century handheld games console synths after owning 3 DS10's and the DS's to go with them before phones became smart. This post is distracting me from tracking down a Gameboy original and ordering Nanoloop cart as I can't find the kit I bought in 2003. For my tastes in synthesis, that little program is the beast. Best bit is setting the tempo above 999bpm, turning the sequencer into an oscillator!

I'm looking forward to the Switch because of Gadget, not the other way around. It's about the best thing on the horizon, for the money, as a musical sketchbook.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish for...

A new Korg that puts Kronos, gadgets and pa4x in an 88 key instrument. With support for VST's

A new high end roland Workstation with arranger features.

88 key and 76 key workstation versions of NI komplete kontrol, with all the options of maschine and maschine Jam on the frontpanel

An 88 key version of the Genos with all the motif and montage features build in.

(its obvious i am wishing for an all in one 88 key and been doing so for a decade now)

Expect...

Korg, a new high end analogue synth
Roland, somethign that can be seen as a Jupiter 80 follow up
Yamaha, some mid end Montage spring of, like a MOXF follow up
Casio, PX5s follow up, synth workstation, could have arranger features from MZX500
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new professional arranger from Yamaha???
Twisted Evil

(OK!! I'm in trouble now...... Wink )

Seriously - a Kronos LS76 - PLEASE!!!!
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
wish for...

A new Korg that puts Kronos, gadgets and pa4x in an 88 key instrument. With support for VST's....

Huge plus for this, but it'll never happen.... Sad
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miden wrote:
Bachus wrote:
wish for...

A new Korg that puts Kronos, gadgets and pa4x in an 88 key instrument. With support for VST's....

Huge plus for this, but it'll never happen.... Sad

I don't believe we will see another " Oasys" . IOW a $10,000 W/s
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: i wish for an 88 key controller that will switch from Reply with quote

I wish for an 88 key controller that will switch from hammer , simi weighted to synth action.
and have all the after touch features as well!
and while I am at it... a full length ribbon.
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: