Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos with Cubase 9.5 (Solved)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fclef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Kronos with Cubase 9.5 (Solved) Reply with quote

I'm currently trying a trial version of Cubase Pro 9.5 but cannot install my Kronos as an instrument. It works as an installed MIDI device, but refuses to acknowledge it as a discrete instrument; therefore, it does not display patch names.
I've used the Kronos editor to export my Kronos' patch names and placed the resulting file into the "scripts" folder within Cubase. When I try to install it, however, I see options for almost every Korg synth except the Kronos. It appears that Cubase isn't parsing the script folder.
Would someone please point me to a solution. (Could this be because I'm experimenting with a trial version?)
Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Before I take the plunge and purchase Cubase, I need to know that I will be able to view all my Kronos programs.
In the past: Korg DS8, M1, T3, Trinity, O1W, Wavestation, Triton Extreme, Triton Studio 76

Last edited by fclef on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
fclef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote

Turns out that the script file must be placed in the "Patchnames" folder located in the User/AppData file, not the folder in the Program Files folder.
Who knew?
Cubase now recognizes my Kronos with all program banks.
In the past: Korg DS8, M1, T3, Trinity, O1W, Wavestation, Triton Extreme, Triton Studio 76
Niven8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
thanks for posting the answer!
niven.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: