Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tweaking Sounds From Within Sequencer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonScythe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Tweaking Sounds From Within Sequencer Reply with quote

Does the Kronos allow for sound tweaking/editing from within it's sequencer?

For example: On my Motif XS sequencer, I can select an instrument. If I want to make changes to that instrument, I simply press "VoiceEdit". I can then edit any of the parameters in the oscillators, make adjustments and tweak the sound to something I want to use. When I'm done, I press exit, and it takes me back to the sequencer to continue my recording.

Does the Kronos have an equivalent to this? If so, what is the process? Any help is appreciated.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Tweaking Sounds From Within Sequencer Reply with quote

MoonScythe wrote:
Does the Kronos allow for sound tweaking/editing from within it's sequencer?

For example: On my Motif XS sequencer, I can select an instrument. If I want to make changes to that instrument, I simply press "VoiceEdit". I can then edit any of the parameters in the oscillators, make adjustments and tweak the sound to something I want to use. When I'm done, I press exit, and it takes me back to the sequencer to continue my recording.

Does the Kronos have an equivalent to this? If so, what is the process? Any help is appreciated.

Looks like you have a Kronos .

In the SEQ, at a program level, You can adjust EQ and add all kinds of FX.

The EQ and FX are quite strong.

You can add these before or even after your Song has played.

Saving the SONG file to SSD keeps your changes for next time

The SEQ is great. IMO
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make changes to any program used in a song sequence, select that program e.g. by tapping the (quite narrow) program number near the top of the screen, or by selecting the panning level for that program, then, in the dropdown at top right of screen, choose edit program (the last item in the list).

MoonScythe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, beautiful! This was really bugging me. There was a bass sound that uses the PolySix engine I really wanted to edit in the sequencer and just couldn't figure it out. Thank you!
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if you get into tone adjust page, you can set up all kinds of parameters to knobs, switches and sliders for real time control. All the tone adjust parameters are interchangeable. You can choose which parameters to assign.
I am not sure if it allows all parameters from all synth engines as assignment options but it offers enough to make an extensive realtime control setup in tone adjust. One extensive and independent setup per each track.

You have to be in tone adjust control mode because the controls also switch modes to match karma setups or timbre/track setups. Really versatile control options from sequencer/combi or program.

Remember to write changes into memory for them to remain as you set them.
MoonScythe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip! Yeah, it's clear to me that this workstation was designed by engineers who happen to be musicians instead of musicians who happen to be engineers.

The way the sequencer is setup, the layout for FX routing among other things is odd to me. Thank goodness for this forum. I'm still having a blast learning this machine though....it is definitely NOT boring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: