Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The wait is over! Apple finally fixed USB audio
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: The wait is over! Apple finally fixed USB audio Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Discovered this Apple update today......

"Mac OS 10.13.2 Update

This update:

Improves compatibility with certain USB audio devices".

I downloaded and installed with much excitement.
Have been running USB audio from my MacBook Pro for at least half an hour with perfect performance!

It works straight out of the box

Very Happy
mikeyd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time! Nice!
Qtipcore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I get a HALLELUJAH!

Been waiting for this to get fixed for so long Razz
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having spent a few hours running the audio through my Kronos 2, I'm pleased to say it has been working flawlessly.

I also decided to upgrade another of my Macs and the USB audio now tested fine with the KronosX too.

Of course, I meant to give credit to Korg, who I'm sure would have worked hard to push Apple on this,

well done all!
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... I am WILLING to buy a MAC computer now. APPLE JUST GOT THEMSLEVES A NEW CUSTOMER WHO PREVIOUSLY HAD SERIOUS DOUBTS.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does this mean I need to upgrade to the buggy and insecure High Sierra, which in itself might break things, so I can fix something that never should have been broken in the first place?
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
Wow... I am WILLING to buy a MAC computer now. APPLE JUST GOT THEMSLEVES A NEW CUSTOMER WHO PREVIOUSLY HAD SERIOUS DOUBTS.

not so fast. make sure Apple/high sierra has solved its major security issues.

Even the first patch was buggy.

Not keeping up on the day by day. So google to make sure
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
So does this mean I need to upgrade to the buggy and insecure High Sierra, which in itself might break things, so I can fix something that never should have been broken in the first place?

LOL

stop making sense
Purusha

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
19naia wrote:

not so fast. make sure Apple/high sierra has solved its major security issues.

Even the first patch was buggy.

Not keeping up on the day by day. So google to make sure

There are a whole host of security issues fixed in this release. In fact, it the main raison d'etre.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only reason I want a MAC is for Music studio/performance and i will break into final cut pro.
Security is hardly a concern when it will just be another hardware unit along with Kronos or any other keys I get.
I never really outgrew doing all my general computer use via iPad.

And I seriously doubt security is an issue that would last long when it affects every Mac user unlike the audio interface issue which only affected the "nobodies" like them DAW music junkies who hang around music hardware forums just to keep up with the times.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been contemplating getting the top end mac book pro, however the severe hardware quality issues, especially the MBP keyboard is putting me off.

I need it mainly for Development purposes.
Might have to go with Win System again.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using an iMAC since 2012 (the same one) and it as absolute delight and top quality. Much more pleasant to use than my Windows systems that usually get my ire up at least once a week. The Mac just simply runs and runs.

It was getting a little slow running the latest OS and applications, but that is because memory usage has gone up over the years an the once ample 4GB was no longer enough. I purchased a memory upgrade for it last month, and it is running like new again. With that upgrade it probably has at least another five years of life in it.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amit wrote:
I have been contemplating getting the top end mac book pro, however the severe hardware quality issues, especially the MBP keyboard is putting me off.

I need it mainly for Development purposes.
Might have to go with Win System again.

The MBP's are expensive. With a premium like that, I would expect several years of practical use, lets say 4 yrs.

My MBP shopping is dated, about 1 yr old.

I recall the new MBP's are somewhat closed to additional memory/RAM. I don't recall if you could swap out the SSD very easily.

So that alone concerned me. Music software is resource hungry. It will continue.
Looking ahead 3 yrs, I wouldn't want to be stuck with a RAM limit- at a high price.

2nd, are the connectors. You would need to see if the current MBP can handle the various connectors of your devices.

All that said, I went budget, a 2013 MBP , and spent $500 to max out RAM and a Samsung SSD. That year still had the connectors I wanted. In addition, I did not have the special tools or exact skills to do the upgrade myself.
Purusha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2011 MBP has been possibly the best machine I've ever owned. Whilst the plastic started breaking off my Dell's and similar, this one has been running like a champ so far. I swapped the hard drive out for an SSD and maxed out the memory, but it's hardly a Trigger's broom. Smile
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purusha wrote:
My 2011 MBP has been possibly the best machine I've ever owned. Whilst the plastic started breaking off my Dell's and similar, this one has been running like a champ so far. I swapped the hard drive out for an SSD and maxed out the memory, but it's hardly a Trigger's broom. Smile

Extra memory usually makes more of a performance difference than processor these days, and I will probably do an SSD upgrade on my iMac next as I am running out of disk space now.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: