Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

24k Magic synth questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pidcin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: 24k Magic synth questions Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to create this patch? I’ve created one and it’s decent but it’s not the as close as I’d like . It sounds like synth brass with portamento or glide , but it’s so colourful and has lots of bite . Anyone here have designed this sound and can showcase it or even make a video tutorial ? I am willing to pay for a lesson in sound design if you have a authentic recreation of it

Let me know !

Nick
mikeyd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out https://www.narfsounds.com/
He had an excellent Bruno Mars soundset.
Pidcin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thank you!

I wonder if it’s possible to buy the set and buy an hour or two of his time for a lesson in sound design . I mean, we buy these keyboards for the sounds and it’s a whole other side of music that I feel is in the background that no one really gives lots of attention to; I’m talkkng about sound design. It’s an art itself . I have a moog , prophet and tempest but out of all the synths I’ve played and have this Kronos is a serious piece of work that needs lots of time and a deep understanding of sound moreso than any other instrument . I get frustrated, and my resources and research is running thin as there’s not too many people out there teaching sound design and synthesis . I’d really like to learn how this stuff is created .

Thanks again
mikeyd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might ask him. You can message him on the Narfsounds website or you can get in touch with him on Facebook through the KRONOS Enthusiasts Workshops. You have to request to become part of that page though.

As far as the KRONOS goes, yes, it's a complicated machine. But for me at least, I love it. It can be frustrating but there is so much help out there. Start with the videos on YouTube from Qui Robinez, and go from there. Many others have created videos showcasing various KRONOS functions.
It's been helpful for me to learn one thing at a time and not to move on until I'm comfortable with that one thing.

It's the old adage, the more you put into it, the more you'll get out of it.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: