Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SOUND LEVELS Per patch on Program

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrKronos81

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: SOUND LEVELS Per patch on Program Reply with quote

I am so frustrated and upset about my KRONOS 2.

Here is whats happening.

when I turn on my board and go to program and play the initial sound which is the piano sound, I adjust my volume; main and master. (I should be able to set my volume knob even with the board off , but that doesnt work either)

But after I set my volume level to half way (both main and master) it is at a tolerable not so loud volume for my home and studio. When I change the patch( not touching the volume at all) the sound level volume is as if I turned the volume all the way up, main and master. Is there a way to totally and completely reset my board as if it was brand new? or is there a way to fix this volume issue. I hope this makes sense. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be clear- the max volume is being applied to a particular acoustic piano program ? And that program is a 'factory ' or Korg piano program, lets say the German Grand

For that, go to the EXI tab. Look at Setup. See volume. Set it to 101. Save that change , by going to the Upper right hand drop down menu, and selecting the Write command.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Main Volume control is analogue, and its position cannot be saved in any settings. Main Volume only affects the headphone out and Main Outs L & R. It does not affect the Individual Audio Outputs 1 to 4.

The Master Volume position is digitised, and the value can be saved by doing Write Program using the drop down from screen top right. The downside of doing this, is that it will probably need to be done for every Program and Combi. It is probably better to set the Main Volume to a lower level e.g. the 9 o' clock position and leave the Master Volume control unchanged. The signal to noise ratio is still pretty impressive at this setting, and no noise is audible, through headphones, at least.

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:

The Master Volume position is digitised, and the value can be saved by doing Write Program using the drop down from screen top right. The downside of doing this, is that it will probably need to be done for every Program and Combi.

Don't know if you read my post- I did not want to give incorrect advice.

When in program mode, per my post, writing volume changes to the EXI tab ' shouldn't' make that volume change ' global '. If it does, that would be disappointing
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC, your post hadn't appeared when I'd started my reply. Our postings are effectively complementary.

Taken together:

For the German or Berlin Grand SGX-2 engine Program, Volume changes set by the Master slider (also visible in the Play tab, Control Surface page) and the EXi 1, Main tab Volume value, can both be saved on a per-Program basis, and both will affect the volume of the piano. The factory default values are 127 for Master, and 101 for EXi 1 volume.

On top of this is the Main volume control, through which all sounds to the headphone and main outs have to pass. The setting of the Main volume control cannot be saved or recalled, since its position is not "read" or controlled in any way by the Kronos hardware.

Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: SOUND LEVELS Per patch on Program Reply with quote

MrKronos81 wrote:
I am so frustrated and upset about my KRONOS 2.

Here is whats happening.

when I turn on my board and go to program and play the initial sound which is the piano sound, I adjust my volume; main and master. (I should be able to set my volume knob even with the board off , but that doesnt work either)

But after I set my volume level to half way (both main and master) it is at a tolerable not so loud volume for my home and studio. When I change the patch( not touching the volume at all) the sound level volume is as if I turned the volume all the way up, main and master. Is there a way to totally and completely reset my board as if it was brand new? or is there a way to fix this volume issue. I hope this makes sense. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

Of course it is ! Nothing's wrong !
The overall volume of each program is specific and depends on many factors.
As there are thousands and thousands available sounds from many manufacturers, it is absolutely impossible to get a single max volume level for all of them.
So it's up to you to set the global volume for each program in order to get the level you expect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: