Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the Korg Electribe Sampler for me?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgwong

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Is the Korg Electribe Sampler for me? Reply with quote

After a long hiatus, I'm getting back to music as a hobby, desiring to stay away from the computer as much as possible (I stare at one all day at work) and within my meager budget (growing family, growing expenses).

I got the Korg Kross a year ago and I love it, but it lacks a sampler. I want to play samples chromatically much like the old CMI Fairlight did. I come from an Amiga Tracker background.

Enter the Electribe Sampler. I know it's designed for an entirely different goal and workflow -- one that I find new and interesting -- but first and foremost I need a sampler to control and sequence from the Kross.

I'm aware of the Electribe Sampler's Keyboard mode. My question is if, in practice, it can perform as a multitimbral sound module. To be more precise, is it possible to play 8 different "instruments" (samples) chromatically and polyphonically via MIDI?
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paraphonically (sharing envelopes) but yes. Some stuff like unison oscillators (I think) take up polyphony as well. If my understanding is correct, each pad is hard-wired to a MIDI channel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: