Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HD1 engine question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pidcin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: HD1 engine question Reply with quote

Hello

I’m new to Korg, and am in the process of “researching” for a new keyboard. Right now I’m looking for a keyboard that has great samples , like brass and choir and strings and ethnic instruments . For my ears and the demos online , the Korg Kronos has superior sound over the new Nord stage 3 in that category and is a notch above the Yamaha Montage .

Now my questions for everyone are

1. Does the HD1 library and downloadable content work in other models ? If so which ones?

2. I have Nord and DSI and Moog stuff for synthbut for my bread and butter stuff ( piano/ electric piano sounds , organ and realistic samples ;brass/strings/ethnic instruments ) is the Kronos 61 keybed appropriate ?

3. Is there any sonic quality differences between the Kronos LE and the Kronos?

4. Any tips , advice or direction you can give me ?

Please and thank you to all that are reading

Nick
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick, and welcome to the Korg forum. I'll try to address a couple of your questions. As far as I know the contents (sound programs) are specific to the Kronos and are not swappable to other models. My understanding about the differences between the LE and K's, is that the LE has a different keybed, and does not have after touch.

I have a Nord Stage 2 and a Kronos 2-61. They are completely different animals and IMO compliment each other. I think that if you go with a Kronos you'll love it, but it will take you a while to deal with it's complexities.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some would say after touch adds to the sound quality especially with the number of parameter options you can modulate via aftertouch in Kronos.
Kronos L version without aftertouch removes an aspect of sound control.. Kronos sound quality is multifaceted and can modulate around all kinds of special customizable touches. Aftertouch is a way to add touches of variable qualities to the already quality sound.
Kronos L model leaves out after touch.

If you have other keyboards that you can use via midi to control kronos L and have aftertouch via midi
Aftertouch comes through midi , right?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos samples can be played on Kronos and resampled by kronos and made into user samples that can then be exported to other synths that can work user samples into playable patches.
It all depends on the synth you want Kronos sounds to play from and how well you can work through the process of sampling and setting them up in other synths.

You may even be able to export the samples directly from the factory or sound maker's sound set sample files but it still is a matter of file compatibility between two devices or synth systems.
Either way, Kronos sampling feature can resample the sounds and export them as wave files or other formats of audio files that can then go through processing or conversion outside of kronos. There is a way even if the hard way is all you have available per your setup.
It depends on the other synths mostly because kronos has several ways to get its sounds out and into other devices.
Pidcin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
Kronos samples can be played on Kronos and resampled by kronos and made into user samples that can then be exported to other synths that can work user samples into playable patches.
It all depends on the synth you want Kronos sounds to play from and how well you can work through the process of sampling and setting them up in other synths.

You may even be able to export the samples directly from the factory or sound maker's sound set sample files but it still is a matter of file compatibility between two devices or synth systems.
Either way, Kronos sampling feature can resample the sounds and export them as wave files or other formats of audio files that can then go through processing or conversion outside of kronos. There is a way even if the hard way is all you have available per your setup.
It depends on the other synths mostly because kronos has several ways to get its sounds out and into other devices.

Oh that’s sweet!

Do you think it’s possible to upload the HDI brass and strings and ethnic instruments to my Nord stage 3?
Pidcin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
Some would say after touch adds to the sound quality especially with the number of parameter options you can modulate via aftertouch in Kronos.
Kronos L version without aftertouch removes an aspect of sound control.. Kronos sound quality is multifaceted and can modulate around all kinds of special customizable touches. Aftertouch is a way to add touches of variable qualities to the already quality sound.
Kronos L model leaves out after touch.

If you have other keyboards that you can use via midi to control kronos L and have aftertouch via midi
Aftertouch comes through midi , right?

Yeah! Well tbh I didn’t realize the LS version was a lightweight 88 with no aftertouch... I might as well get the 61 version for less and get aftertouch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: