Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Groove Rider- You need to see this.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Groove Rider- You need to see this. Reply with quote

Hi- it’s your old friend robosardine here. You may not know or remember me- maybe one or two will- but it’s been several years since I moved over to iOS (iPad) for music making......... just after the pattern sustain bug on the new electribes became apparent. It was a good move for lots of reasons- but I will not bore you with them-
Anyway- I am not here in an attempt to convert anyone- but if you like your electribes- then you will probably like this. I am drawing your attention to it purely as you may have been otherwise oblivious to it....... and who knows- you may well wish to convert once you have looked into it- which you should if you haven’t already........ look into it that is. It makes total economic sense- eg this costs only £10- and I can have as many as I want (which is two as I have two iPads) at no extra cost - and they are very easily synced by using ableton link.
Just go to YouTube and type in- ‘Groove Rider GR16 for iOS’- and you will see what I mean.
eowyn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I saw this yesterday on youtube. Day one purchase for me Smile
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give us a little info: what is it? What does it do? etc. Trying not to be a dick here, but the post is just gushing, there's not even a link.
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brush the cornflakes off your chest and get up from in front of the fire- If you can muster the energy and can remember what to type in go to YouTube and have a look- and you will find out. If you still require elucidation after this- let's be kind an call it 'exercise'- then it may be time to find another hobby. I understand you are not 'trying to be a dick' - but you need to remember- being a dick takes very little effort.
eowyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

basically it’s iElectribe on steroids. it looks a lot like the new electribes if they were combined into one gadget. and it sounds pretty dope!
thebiglebowski

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robosardine wrote:
If you still require elucidation after this- let's be kind an call it 'exercise'- then it may be time to find another hobby.

Well, at least you made clear who’s being a d**k in this conversation.
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebiglebowski wrote:
robosardine wrote:
If you still require elucidation after this- let's be kind an call it 'exercise'- then it may be time to find another hobby.

Well, at least you made clear who’s being a d**k in this conversation.

Really? You don't think that the video is comprehensive enough in its detail as to 'what is it' and 'what does it do?' for someone who has years of experience with electribes? It could not be much more explicit. 'Give us a little info'!!! ITS ALL THERE IN THE VIDEO!! In words and pictures.
But no- alas I failed to provide a link- for this omission I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused to anyone who had to look it up themselves- and it was indeed worthy of comment- which is also true of my inadvertent gushing- which was way over the top.
Forget the fact that I took the time to come here for no other reason than to draw your attention to a fascinating development in the world of music/ groovebox type production in case you were too miss out.
That response was lazy- ill thought out and patronising- the type usually reserved for some innocent newbie. For some reason it made no mention of the subject matter. I can only assume that the omission of a link was enough to prevent further investigation. if you can't see this then I suggest that you look at the whole thing again and give it some thought.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, there is an artist(s) and a game(s) called Grooverider/Groove Rider, whose results dominate any attempt to find said app. Not a single result from a YouTube search for "Groove Rider GR16 for iOS" actually comes up with the iOS app in question.

One YouTube result, that came from a rather laterally-oriented search approach, was distinctly non-impressive so, yes, a link would have been helpful.
michi_mak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
So, there is an artist(s) and a game(s) called Grooverider/Groove Rider, whose results dominate any attempt to find said app. Not a single result from a YouTube search for "Groove Rider GR16 for iOS" actually comes up with the iOS app in question.

One YouTube result, that came from a rather laterally-oriented search approach, was distinctly non-impressive so, yes, a link would have been helpful.

jim+audio+groove+rider on yt ---> first entry is about the app...
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Here's a screenshot of what happens this end:

https://app.box.com/s/25rtgdygdhrr3ngd2o3mirz4qhf49qge

Perhaps YouTube's CDN behaviour might be different in different countries.

Seems to emphasise the importance of a proper link.

I'm all for doing one's own research, but the web can be a tenuous thing. Try reading a technical or research article more than a couple of years old. Most of the links in the references sections tend to be dead. Even on this forum, many of the download links to e.g. Krome SD card images no longer work. By proper, I mean a good link will have a lower likelihood of expiring.

eowyn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was posted on Matrixsynth too:

http://www.matrixsynth.com/2017/12/groove-rider-gr-16-for-ios-patterns.html
immon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks wicked. Wonder if you can control it with an actual electribe lol!
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you already own an iPad it sounds cool! I still don't know what it actually does, but I'll look into it later. For now, I know it's some kind of powerful iPad-based groovebox. Thanks, immon. When I saw this, I immediately thought of an audio-reactive visualizer that allowed you to import songs as "levels" in a space shooter/Guitar Hero sort of game.

And rob, it's just bad etiquette to post in clickbait-y fashion. Strange you could afford the time to chew us out and STILL didn't post a link. I had more vitriol here but edited that out because I consider you a valuable member, even if you jump off the hook once in a while. For the record I've gone off on people asking RTFM-type questions a bunch of times too. BTW are you still using any older Electribes or has the iPad taken over in that role?
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehighesttree wrote:
If you already own an iPad it sounds cool! I still don't know what it actually does, but I'll look into it later. For now, I know it's some kind of powerful iPad-based groovebox. Thanks, immon. When I saw this, I immediately thought of an audio-reactive visualizer that allowed you to import songs as "levels" in a space shooter/Guitar Hero sort of game.

And rob, it's just bad etiquette to post in clickbait-y fashion. Strange you could afford the time to chew us out and STILL didn't post a link. I had more vitriol here but edited that out because I consider you a valuable member, even if you jump off the hook once in a while. For the record I've gone off on people asking RTFM-type questions a bunch of times too. BTW are you still using any older Electribes or has the iPad taken over in that role?

Hi- Yes thanks I have got my head mostly back together now. Yes I have gone almost total iPad now so the electribes have gone. I have to say I don't miss them that much now. It was a bit of a leap of faith- but I sold up and went for it (I didn't want to take the risk of buying second hand).
I have two now- and as I said you can clock sync them perfectly with ableton link. There is a staggering amount of synths/ sequencers/effects etc to be had- all at unbelievably low prices compared to either hardware or similar/ identical desktop versions. There are superb apps for slicing/ mangling. There are fully featured DAW's- Like Cubasis2. There are great innovative apps for assisting music creation. The beauty of it is that it is all relatively easy to use. There is an app called Audiobus which instantly connects whatever you are using together. There are new apps coming out all the time- still at the same cheap prices. Just recently iMPC pro 2 came out- it's just like an MPC.
Most of them use midi....(yes real midi)..... and so it goes on.... it's like a kid in a toy shop.... never a dull moment.
The only hardware I have kept is - a KP3+ two mini KP's (one for each iPad for that fun element- I do like Kaoss Pads), and my Roland TB3- because it's brilliant.
Anyway if anyone is thinking of moving over to it- I would say go for it. You can also have the best of both worlds though as they are interconnectable too via midi Smile
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehighesttree wrote:

Hi- Yes thanks I have got my head mostly back together now. Yes I have gone almost total iPad now so the electribes have gone. I have to say I don't miss them that much now. It was a bit of a leap of faith- but I sold up and went for it (I didn't want to take the risk of buying second hand).
I have two now- and as I said you can clock sync them perfectly with ableton link. There is a staggering amount of synths/ sequencers/effects etc to be had- all at unbelievably low prices compared to either hardware or similar/ identical desktop versions. There are superb apps for slicing/ mangling. There are fully featured DAW's- Like Cubasis2. There are great innovative apps for assisting music creation. The beauty of it is that it is all relatively easy to use. There is an app called Audiobus which instantly connects whatever you are using together. There are new apps coming out all the time- still at the same cheap prices. Just recently iMPC pro 2 came out- it's just like an MPC.
Most of them use midi....(yes real midi)..... and so it goes on.... it's like a kid in a toy shop.... never a dull moment.
The only hardware I have kept is - a KP3+ two mini KP's (one for each iPad for that fun element- I do like Kaoss Pads), and my Roland TB3- because it's brilliant.
Anyway if anyone is thinking of moving over to it- I would say go for it. You can also have the best of both worlds though as they are interconnectable too via midi Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: