Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Global VS Oriental SD Card

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Image_Engine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Global VS Oriental SD Card Reply with quote

Hi All
After much reading re SD Cards, editing etc...thanks so much to all who contributed ie getting an editor etc
It wasnt clear whether you could just plug a Global sd card into an Oriental? Sorry if I missed that as an answer somewhere.
Cheers
tomcam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what that means, but if you explain it I'll try it on my Oriental.

LOVE that thing.
Image_Engine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomcam wrote:
I don't know what that means, but if you explain it I'll try it on my Oriental.

LOVE that thing.

The samples/presets etc are stored on a micro sd card in the unit...Im wondering if anyone has copied a Global card? And has anyone tried plugging a Global into an Oriental? Since there didnt seem to be much difference...but I could be missing something here
tomcam

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm embarrassed. I didn't know about the Global Wavedrum. I figured a Global card was some kind of configration file or something. Are you thinking that maybe a Global card would give your Oriental all the Global voices, sounds, etc.? I seriously doubt it. I bet they are very different animals, just like the Triton wasn't compatible with the Oasys wasn't compatible with the Kronos etc.
Image_Engine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomcam wrote:
OK, I'm embarrassed. I didn't know about the Global Wavedrum. I figured a Global card was some kind of configration file or something. Are you thinking that maybe a Global card would give your Oriental all the Global voices, sounds, etc.? I seriously doubt it. I bet they are very different animals, just like the Triton wasn't compatible with the Oasys wasn't compatible with the Kronos etc.

Well Im just thinking because the oriental and the original are almost identical cards. You can access the actual samples themselves (and even load your own with a bit of trickery)...The hardware seems to be identical but of course not all the GAL chips/eprom may be...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: