Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aftertouch on Triton Pro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcrein

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Aftertouch on Triton Pro Reply with quote

hi there
this question has probably been answered many times before. sorry if that is the case. couldn't find a response. i would like to know if i can use aftertouch on the Triton to control CC parameters in software synths. i can map the joystick, ribbon and even value control lever on the Triton to different CC#s in the VI's i'm using. i would love to use the aftertouch to control expression and/or dynamics in some of the string libraries i own...if it's possible.

thanks so much
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Triton Pro both transmits and receives aftertouch. It needs to be enabled in the Global MIDI menu, MIDI Filter settings.

MIDI CC#2 is a good place to start, as is often associated with breath controller or aftertouch.

mcrein

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that...i'd really like to get it working for me. so if i press 'learn midi cc#..." in my software on say the expression fader, and use the aftertouch on the triton, it should connect, correct?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No details given about the setup, so guessing the likely way to do this would be to play and hold down a single note, press MIDI CC# learn and select the expression fader, and then increase the pressure on the key sufficiently to send aftertouch CC messages.
mcrein

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry guys

setup is macbook pro...running most of my sample libraries in Kontakt 5. interface is an RME fireface. for example, spitfire Evo Strings allows me to learn CC for the expression fader. if I can get the aftertouch to connect like the value slider or the ribbon, then i can use the triton to add expression to the strings when i press harder without taking my hands off. The Triton Pro 76 workstation is my main midi controller for now.

if this would work that would be great!

m
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: