Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Collection Migration...What the heck ??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Foster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Korg Collection Migration...What the heck ?? Reply with quote

Wow.

As a registered owner of the full Korg Legacy Collection, I attempted to "migrate" my account over to their new server in order to be able to upgrade my collection for free. I followed the instructions exactly, and what a mess Korg has made this update process !

They ask you to create a new account to register your old version plugins. But - you CANNOT use the e-mail you previously used for the plugin account on Korg.net. Also - once you begin the new account process with a NEW e-mail, you are asked to input a "Locking Code". This is a code that is shown when your plugins are not authorized. But my plugins ARE authorized ! So how in the heck are you supposed to get this info in order to complete the new account process ?

Answer : you can't. If you input this code, you cannot authorize the account, which mean that you cannot update your plugins as they vigorously promoting with the addition of their new ARP Odyssey plugin.

What gives, Korg ?!? Why have you made this update process SO painful and impossible ?

Has anyone else had problems with this situation ?

Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated !

Best,
JT.
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't get anywhere with this mess. And I don't have promo code for all my Korg LC synths!! I only have codes for the original LC synths, Wavestation, MS-20 and PolySix+MDE. I bought the Digital Editon and Analog one but I don't have codes for the Mono Poly and M1.

There's a bundle promo code in my account but I think it's for the new Arp synth.

Hopefully I won't loose 2 synths in this transition.

Music software is in a bad state. They sell us half-baked stuff so we beta test for free and now I could loose 2 purchases. And now, try to talk to someone in this business...

Blink
pranaearth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. This process is convoluted.
I can't get anywhere. I'm getting a "Cannot process selection" error on every page I go to on the new Korg user site.
xp50player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this all from my ipad. It was a pain and took me a minute to figure out how to copy the migration coupon to the clipboard. My same email address was allowed when registering for the Korg ID shop. Installing/authorizing each plugin was another pain, but we might as when get on board if they are going to offer big updates to these things in the near future Cool Hopefully a port of the hi-res display iOS versions.
alfonso.santimone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Korg Legacy user since years...Trying to go over the migration process. Site timeout errors everytime when i try to apply my migration coupon. Pleas KORG solve this ugly issue. Is a matter of customer care. A serious matter Shocked Shocked Shocked
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep getting Magneto errors. Given up in frustration for now. I'll try again later

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Dream77

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Can't get Migration Coupon - HELP! Reply with quote

I have been trying to get my Migration Coupon but all I get displayed is:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01f4'

Variable is undefined: 'flagLan'

/asp/coupon.asp, line 240

I was able to get my Upgrade Coupon but could not get the Migration Coupon.

I have also been getting Magento error also, very sad....

I need to update to the latest Korg Collection.
sixstringeek

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Beta testers Reply with quote

Remember when VENDORS used to have Software TEST engineers and a QA dept and would go through bug testing and analysis instead of rushing to meet arbitrary Project Manager timelines and when it all went to hell management furloughed all the QAdept and here we are.

Complete s**t. I used to work for Mitsubishi as an American IT vet and they could give a rats ass what we think. Its gonna come down from Tokyo and maybe they will try and save face and correct this ghastly migration but this is straight out of 1993.

Whats up KORG?
brianf123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Can't even get the code into my shopping cart Reply with quote

I have been trying for two days to get through this process -- all I get are blank pages or Magento errors. I can't even get the shopping cart page to load.

Is there contact information for Korg? I would like to register my disappointment, but cannot seem to find a way to contact anyone.

This is the absolute worst process I have ever encountered on a website, bar none.
headclouds

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the same issue here. Been trying for two day, but keep getting that magento error.
mibrilane

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone dropped the ball big time. I wonder if that someone is off on holiday break until after Christmas.
Achimo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was able to migrate, download and install.

still not allowed to use my software.

what the hell???
brianf123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Update: got it to work Reply with quote

I finally was able to muddle through this process:

1. Open migration link and add legacy collection to cart
2. Apply migration coupon
3. Go to checkout
4. Crest new Korg.shop account profile
5. Return to cart and proceed through checkout
6. Receive email from Korg with authorization code

If you want to add the upgrade:
7. Follow the upgrade link from Korguser site
8. Add Arp upgrade to cart
9. Apply upgrade coupon
10. Pay $50
11. Receive another email with another code

To register the software, I had to open the Arp application and authorize. I also downloaded the other legacy apps but they don’t seem to have the same authorization path in them, even though it is mentioned in the installer packages.

It’s a complete mess but it seems to have finally worked... somehow.
fatbenelton

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine to work eventually- website kept timing out.

I created a new Korg ID totally separate from the pathway shown on here. I then just picked the $49 migration offer to get Odyssey and used the code from the migration coupon. Lot's of timed out 'next page' etc but got there in the end.
Mauri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Update: got it to work Reply with quote

brianf123 wrote:

I also downloaded the other legacy apps but they don’t seem to have the same authorization path in them, even though it is mentioned in the installer packages.

Just authorise any one of the Legacy plugs and that's it, that does it for all of them.
At least that's how it worked for me, prior to installing Odyssey which I then had to authorise separately with the code in the email.
Self built PC | Cubase 12 Pro | WaveLab Elements 11 | Windows 11 Pro x64 Dual Boot on 2 x SSDs + 3 x SSDs for samples and project files | Core 11th Gen i9-11900KF OCd 5.3GHZ | ROG STRIX Z590-A GAMING WIFI mobo | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz CL18 DDR4 | RME HDSPe AIO | ASUS Radeon RX 580 Series graphics | Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler| 2 x UAD2 Solo PCIe Accelerators | Corsair RM1000x 1000W Power Supply Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold | Mackie HR624 MKII monitors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: