Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Karma puzzle question for mr. Steven Kay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject: A Karma puzzle question for mr. Steven Kay Reply with quote

Kronos advanced users/developers already know that Kronos AMS controllers are not sufficient for switching sound
timbres , since polyphony wasting is the same , as the OSC are in "ON" state muted and polyphony runs out !
Only velocity layers really disable the other oscillators and of course Karma engine if used as sound
timbres switching with the well known Karma scenes PRT configuration from Korg Oasys age.

So my question is about an essential (for me) Karma PRT function that can't make it work and here is a brief example:
- I have established Karma PRT A & B groups that are assigned not to SW Karma switches but to DynaMIDI 1 & 2
- DynaMIDI 1 & 2 are triggered by damper pedal # , sent to RT parameter control /+positive/-negative to A/B groups.
- This actually switches between A & B groups when assigned pedal is pressed or released respectively.
- This function works fine while in COMBI while pressing or releasing pedal , but when I change Combi and then
return back to it , information is floating and no sound is triggered until I press pedal once , that will recall the
state of "ON" & "OFF" of A & B Program groups , same happens with ±Y / ±JY controllers trigger.
Using SW Karma scenes works fine in any state , but this is not the wanted here.

I will greatly appreciate if the inventor mr. Steven Kay or any other deeply experienced Karma user knows how
to set an initial state for A group to be constantly in "ON" condition when Combi is selected since initial "value"
settings seem to have no effect when the Combination is recalled ...

Thanks in advance for your time

Quote:
More setting details

- DynaMIDI
Source : damper
bottom : 000
top : 001
continuous
Destination : RT Parameter Control
-negative (nor +positive)

- PRT parameters
as in Karma scenes , but triggered by DynaMIDI
min : 000
max : 001
value : any 000 or 001 do not respond when initially entering Combi

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be pretty difficult for me to rebuild whatever it is you've got programmed here based on the information provided. If you want to send me an example combi, programmed the way you have said, but using just factory programs so I can examine it, I would try to take a look at it. email to: support AT karma-lab.com

It's possible that the value is indeed floating (and it shouldn't be). There might be a way to fix it by tweaking the parameters, but I can't really know without looking at how it's all set up.

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen as first thanks for your prompt answer and the willing to step in and address this !
Today I had the inspiration not to initialize Karma of Combi but instead to use an Init Combi and re-built Combi & Karma
PRT and my concept worked unexpectedly !
But I still haven't addressed what causes this floating initial state or this PRT in this Combi that's why I sent you in email &
PM PCG file that is assigned with factory resources and contains 3 Combis

Another critical question for Karma Engine.
- Is there any way to recognize & define note spaces of legato played notes (2nd/3rd ... 7th) via Karma in order to activate
specific sampled legato notes layer of accustic music instruments as we scripting in Kontakt sampler ?
If this could be possible then a revolution could be started in contest , Workstations vs VST libraries that I'm missing in order
to completely compete them in WavesArt sound libraries !

Thanks in advance.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: