Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 sample/ oscillator motion sequence possible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProfessorNick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Electribe 2 sample/ oscillator motion sequence possible? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if it is possible to motion sequence record the selection of samples in a pattern? Can a track have a pattern which alternates between samples like the Digitakt can do?

Don’t have the E2 Sampler, but this seems like a valuable feature since it only has 16 tracks and I would want 6 or so to control external synths via midi. That only leaves 10 tracks and I’d like some for synths and need at least 10 for drums.

Thanks.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not checked on this in a while, but remember it was possible to control the position sequencing of the OSC knob on the Sampler via the step edit mode. This I have done before. I don't remember if tried motion sequence or not. Let me get back to you on this. However, there is a way to do what you are trying to do. That "nope" is not entirely true.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's talking about the main Oscillator knob used to select samples, not the OSC EDIT knob. NEither the e2 nor the e2s can motion sequence the oscillator/sample selection knob. similarly, you cannot motion sequence the Modulation or IFX selection knobs.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
He's talking about the main Oscillator knob used to select samples, not the OSC EDIT knob. NEither the e2 nor the e2s can motion sequence the oscillator/sample selection knob. similarly, you cannot motion sequence the Modulation or IFX selection knobs.

Oh yeah, I see. yep there is no step sequencing nor motion recording selection knobs.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
whazzup

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Electribe 2 sample/ oscillator motion sequence possible? Reply with quote

ProfessorNick wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to motion sequence record the selection of samples in a pattern?
Don’t have the E2 Sampler, but this seems like a valuable feature since it only has 16 tracks and I would want 6 or so to control external synths via midi.

Yes yes yes, with resampling and slicing! It works Smile
And if you ever need to free up a track, resample again, that's where the power is in this machine.

So, I would first create a pattern 1 with 4 parts with my samples and then record my sequence as one sample, then after start up pattern 2 with my 1 part sample of 4 resampled, go into sample slice mode and ta da-- sample motion sequencing.

goodluck!
Poggianti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a simply trick on my esx that works even on e2s. Create a single wav sample with a sequence of your sound for category ( bass, kicks, etc). Then you can simply change sample on the steps using the "start sample" knob with motion sequence
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: