Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Kronos as MIDI controller

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh523

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Using Kronos as MIDI controller Reply with quote

Hi I just got a Minitaur- bass synth that uses MIDI connection for input like a rack synth. I can't get any sound but I see the midi light blinking when I have the midi cable connected. What are the settings to get sound thru it like if you wanted to use the Kronos to voice a rack synth???
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verify that Kronos MIDI out is connected to the Minitaur MIDI In. By default, the Kronos is set to MIDI channel 1 (check this in Global MIDI settings) so the Minitaur should also be set to MIDI channel 1 (this is the default for the Minitaur).

If the Minitaur is USB MIDI Class Compliant, then the MIDI signals could be sent via USB MIDI, in which case the MIDI cable would need to be disconnected.

Note that MIDI data coming into the Minitaur's MIDI In via the DIN connector is not internally routed in the Minitaur to USB MIDI out.
Josh523

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's everything I already did. Why wouldn't that have worked
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the sound output for the minitaur going? Midi light on is showing midi signal flowing?
If no sound after midi looks functional, then maybe check the lines that send sound out of the minitaur to the sound system.
Midi cables do not send or recieve audio signals. Or are you using USB for midi?

Do you have any other midi controller that has driven minitaur without problems on the audio output side?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the MIDI LED suggests the Minitaur is receiving MIDI information, so I would suggest having a think about the signal path - MIDI, audio, CV, gate to try to work out what might not be working.

It could be a faulty Minitaur, so contact Moog for an RMA, but before that, check the audio cables are good and the Minitaur controls are set to give an output.

The Minitaur only reponds to MIDI note values 0 to 72, so keys C4 downwards.

The simplest setup would be Minitaur, PSU, MIDI in from Kronos, and headphones. Remove any other cables and see what happens. Is there an on or off "pop" in the headphones when the Minitaur is powered on or off.

I see 19naia has already responded with similar thinking.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: