Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos setlist midi program changes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zippydog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Kronos setlist midi program changes? Reply with quote

So I’ve just bought a Kronos after being a single keyboard player (Yamaha Motif XF8) for years. To manage program changes, set lists and lead sheets, I’m now using iMIDIPatchbay. https://www.imidipatchbay.com

I already have the app set up for performance patch changes for the Motif on MIDI channel one. Trying to get the Kronos connected for same and having trouble. On the Kronos side, I’ve simply set the MIDI channel to 2. Not sure that any other settings need tweaking. On the app, I have it set to send program changes on channel 2.

What I can’t figure: the app asks for channel (2), program # (1-128). Also requires Bank MSB # and Bank LSB #. What numbers do I use in these fields to create program changes while the Kronos is in setlist mode?

Many thanks!
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parameter guide has a chart of midi messages and controls with their default midi CC# assignments. Some LSB # and MSB # details in the chart and referencing NRPN and RPN where it respectively applies to a given LSB or MSB #. #32 through to #38 and also #96 through to #101 is likely what you have to work with. They are listed right there in line with all the other CC# but designated as LSB to MSB

Page 1122 has the first CC# chart and follows with more on the following pages.

Page 1134 has paragraph details about Program change/bank select and more follows for details per the various modes. Combi, setlist, e.t.c.

Page 1132 starts the info about limitations or what can and cannot be done, such as limitations over USB midi versus 5pin midi cable.

I hope you have the parameter guide -and from what i see about program change messages, i cannot make good sense of it without seeing exaclty what your external midi app has going on. You will need to look into the details or user manual for the app if kronos parameter guide details don’t lead you to what you want or at least explain that it isn't supported.

Good luck.
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only send Setlist changes to the K2, but I send the following:

Channel: 1 (You would send a 2 for channel 2)
MSB: 0
LSB: 5
Program: the sequential number of your setlist entry starting from 1

Hope that helps.
Al
Zippydog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

So, I've found that with the Kronos in Set List Mode, I'm up and running with:

MIDI channel set to 2
MSB: 0
LSB: 0
Program # for set list slot (1-128)

Works perfectly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: