Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA3X is better then Pa4x it cant be... pa4x downgraded?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, but if a guy spends major bucks for a keyboard why limit it by not buying upper end amplification. All it does is kill one's expectations and subsequent enjoyment.

Ever hear the old saying: "Don't spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar." ?
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A4X sounds pretty good to me via the speaker system and even more awesome via a good amp system.
vetsnipe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa4x is to heavy its to intimidating and it becomes even more expensive with good speakers....

but when you look at lightwaight pa1000 its like it gives you an impression that you have control over it. pa4x and pa1000 use same sound engine that gives pa1000 a very good advantage using its good speakers. let me give you an example....

I paid 650$ back in 2014 and got good JBL 15" loud speaker for my pa900

When it came to clarity they both exactly sound the same the 650$ jbl speaker and the pa900"s internal speakers.. I was like wtf? the only advantage with jbl was that it can get very loud... which I didnt had the need for so I sold it.

+ Pa1000" keybeds are very light you can play for hours and you wont get tired. I played pa4x for couple of minutes and i was out of breath.. LOL

Now I am for sure My heart points to pa1000 no question only disadvantage 200mb les pcm memory but well that can you expect. I can live with that. Cool
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.
Understand that the PA4X was way too much for you - let us know how you go with the 1000

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
vetsnipe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Final peace of the puzzle (Korg Replayed) Reply with quote

Hi,

In the Pa3X, the same FX block was shared between Master and Insert, so you won't really have 3 MFX +1 IFX, but rather 2 MFX + 1 IFX or 3 MFX + NO IFX.

In Pa4X FX routing was designed with the improvement of no FX robbing between MFX and IFX, as well as removing the FX block limitation.

The new FX routing system.

- MFX style/song: 3 (Pa4X)

- IFX style/song: 4 (Pa4X)

- MFX keyboard set: 2 (Pa4X)

- IFX keyboard set: 1 (Pa4X)

In addition, the style/song section has been improved to left room for bass/guitar amps to support all the new DI bass/gtr sounds that add a lot of realism to the backing tracks or to support compression/limiting to perc/drum tracks.

Best Regards,

Product Support

Korg USA, Inc.
vetsnipe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: replay to korg Reply with quote

I have to say.. I was very mad at korg but now things are clear and I am happy with their FX design on pa4x and pa 1000

Now pa4x and pa1000 have 3 effects for keyboard sounds including 2 master and one insert..... I would have really get mad if korg stripped off one effect from pa1000 because I dont like pa4x and its very expensive.

Its been 3 months i am waiting for the pa1000 .. finally it has been shipped
Lot of improvements compared with the pa900 I think its going to be crazy stay tuned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: