Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP WITH AN ODD PROBLEM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlievv

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: HELP WITH AN ODD PROBLEM Reply with quote

Hello all, I have an original Kronos 88 with two SSDs installed and max ram. I noticed yesterday and now, that when I try to hit enter and record to set up a sequencer track from the prog or combi I am on, that it always inserts a diifferent from what I was using. This happened repeatedly and also noticed that the sequencer was all messed up and would not start or stop with the touch of the start button, and also, the Karma would be playing and the Karma and drum track light would not go on. I reloaded from the utility from my SAVE ALL backup everything and it works fine. When I reboot later, the same problem comes back to haunt me. I have done this process a few times now and get the exact same results. After I reload from the SAVE ALL backup, everything is good. Shut down and reboot.... same problem !!

Any Ideas?? or techniques I could try?
Thanks for any help.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have anything connected via MIDI? When everything is 'working' have to tried to 'save all' to your hard drive?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP WITH AN ODD PROBLEM Reply with quote

Charlievv wrote:
Hello all, I have an original Kronos 88 with two SSDs installed and max ram. I noticed yesterday and now, that when I try to hit enter and record to set up a sequencer track from the prog or combi I am on, that it always inserts a diifferent from what I was using. This happened repeatedly and also noticed that the sequencer was all messed up and would not start or stop with the touch of the start button, and also, the Karma would be playing and the Karma and drum track light would not go on. I reloaded from the utility from my SAVE ALL backup everything and it works fine. When I reboot later, the same problem comes back to haunt me. I have done this process a few times now and get the exact same results. After I reload from the SAVE ALL backup, everything is good. Shut down and reboot.... same problem !!

Any Ideas?? or techniques I could try?
Thanks for any help.

We can only make guesses/trouble shoot a few things.

I am puzzled on your 'Load from Utility' . I always load from DISK. SSD's are connected to using DISK mode.

Other than a 'global ' problem or your repeated saves, you should tackle the SEQ. The SEQ is the headache per your post.

You don't say if the strange changes are a particular Song or all Song files.

To be simple, if its 1 Song or a SONG file, get into track edit and erase control changes on the track. The symptoms suggest accidental CC's that you made while Recording.

If its not a big deal, you can delete your SONG file. In DISK mode. Yes, there is a Utility drop down menu there.

Its gets tricky solving unusual problems in SEQ sometimes. I believe in small, easy fixes/steps to start trouble shooting.
Charlievv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Resolved Reply with quote

Thank you for your responses. Problem Resolved. I loaded all the files from the backup and then cleaned out some older files from the startup SSD and then did a Save ALL on the startup SSD. Everything is working correctly.

Thanks again for your help !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: