Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from x5d owner - Rocky Soundtrack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serdar213

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Hello from x5d owner - Rocky Soundtrack Reply with quote

Hello all,

I name myself just an owner rather than a user. 'cuz I know nothing about synths.I can just hit the chords. I am a guitar player and have an interest to keyboards. We play mostly 80's rock songs in the stage and to broaden and to make rich our set list with keyboard included songs, I decided to get a cheap synth.

Anyways, We are playing Rober Tepper's classic Rocky soundtrack No Easy Wat Out. But I couldnt find the way to achieve tremolo sound effect goes within the song which makes it a well known classic epic tune.

In guitar, a tremolo effect pedal can produce this chatter effect like you open and close the sound very rapid. But all I can find is a wavy sound in tremolo effect option in X5d

So is it possible to achive this effect?

Best Regards
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tremolo effect may be sufficient to produce the desired result. Try setting the dry/wet mix to FX (i.e. wet) (Parameter 16B, see the User Manual page 114), and set Mod Waveform to Sine, Mod Shape to +99, Mod Depth to 99, Mod Speed to match the tempo, probably about 7 or 8Hz, at a guess (all on User Manual page 133).

An arpeggiator would have been handy, but the X5D doesn't have one. However, an external MIDI source (computer or other MIDI instrumet) might also be usable for this.

An alternative worth trying might be to use a MIDI sequencer to send Expression Pedal control change (CC#) messages, sending a stream of alternating low and high values to vary the volume. The effect would differ from that produced by an arpeggiator.

Serdar213

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Unfortunately I need an external MIDI source because tremolo settings didn't do it. Maybe I change X5d for an N1

Thanx again.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. Some tremolo effects can be made sufficiently deep to cut the sound off completely at minimum and have a sharpish cutoff, and the X5D user manual offered some hope it might be possible.
Serdar213

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Tap Delay 1 effect which is near what I want but Now I need infinite repetitions.
Serdar213

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, The solution is to obtain a usb loop pedal or to change it with another keyboard.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Tap Delay, does increasing the feedback parameter amount give a repetition time anywhere close to what you need?
Serdar213

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an update for this topic.

First; The sound is a combination of two patterns
One is eeEE other is EeeE.

I tried to achieve these to play it through manually slow, later speed up to 126 BPM. But sounded not good because of sensitivity and organic timing issues.

Later I borrowed a device which has an Arpeggiator.
Set it to eeEE pattern - recorded to daw and duplicated.
and I slowered down the duplicated one and cut eeE notes manually and slide back whole signal on the time line to made parallel to 1st track.
added some flanger.

That's it.

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: