Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KP3+ vs Quad Pad for my MPC Live?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael221

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: KP3+ vs Quad Pad for my MPC Live? Reply with quote

So I have an MPC Live and I've gotten pretty good at making hip hop beats up on the fly with it. I can make a 16 bar loop in about 30 seconds that sounds pretty groovy.

The MPC Live does have a dedicated XY grid for mangling the sound, similar to a kaoss pad, but it's fairly limited.

I'm looking for a device such as the KP3+ or the Quad Pad to compliment my MPC Live.

Basically, I want to take my hip hop beats made up on the fly...rap over them with a mic (mic would be plugged into the dedicated effects processer), and mangle this all up on the spot, all improvised in a live setting.

The KP3+ seems to have more capability, but the Quad Pad, while limited in effects compared to the KP3+, has effects layering and is more straight-forward. (Although, it seems like some of the KP3+ effects are already multiple effects in one.)

I should note, I was given a KP3+ this past Christmas. But before I take the time to learn to use it, was wondering if I should take it back and get a Quad.

Other option is get both a KP3+ AND a Quad? Or a completely different sound mangling effects processer?

Thanks so much for any thoughts!!

~Michael
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not used the quad but love the kp3.
Motion sequence and wacky sample manipulation win for me.
The effects on the kp mini 2 are so nice with lovely fx combo's. I'd go for a mini 2 over the quad for the superior fx. Only problem is the mini kp requires cable converters as is on mini jacks. But no biggy and does have an sd card audio recorder. Nice (better) vocoder too.
Two Kaoss always better than one.
My advice keep kp3+ and score a cheap mini 2.
Then again you may like the form of the quad.
Michael221

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this is great advice!

I'll put in the time to learn the KP3+ then...and at some point, will possibly look into the KP Mini 2 after I've mastered the KP3+ for some FX synergy to really rock the beats out of my MPC Live.

Thanks Spheric El!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: