Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg kronos x - corrupted while update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mesh3L

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Korg kronos x - corrupted while update Reply with quote

Hi gents,

Im having kronos x - 61 keys and while trying to update to the newest version I encountered a bug and result into systam crash, now the screen well keep loading and won’t bootup.

I will burn the images to two different DVDs and upload it to the drive as described in below video

https://youtu.be/AqORTPfdpqo

My question is:

In the video he recommended to swap the drive with new ssd, is it mandatory or i can format the current one and rebuild it again with the DVDs

Second question, if i have no option and i should get new ssd, what is the best in the market and what kind of SATA is compatible? does SATA III works with it?
NormC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you update firmware first? Some older systems need firmware before the new OS.
Mesh3L

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormC wrote:
Did you update firmware first? Some older systems need firmware before the new OS.

Sorry but I don’t know about this, could you direct me plz to a video or tutorial for this?
NormC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, you have an X. I think only the 2 needed a subsystem update. Check Korg's website for latest for your keyboard. I have a 2 so I had to do firmware.
Mesh3L

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormC wrote:
Sorry, you have an X. I think only the 2 needed a subsystem update. Check Korg's website for latest for your keyboard. I have a 2 so I had to do firmware.

Thanks, but still my questions has not been answered, my concerns is does any sata III works with kronos x ?
js15john

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject: Hard drive requirements Reply with quote

You can format the drive that came with the Kronos. However, any data, KSC, PCG, SEQ, or WAV files will be lost unless you save to USB Flash drive BEFORE the crash! Unfortunately, if you did A LOT of work and didn't back it up to a flash drive then if you format the original drive you will lose all of your work.
Mesh3L

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Hard drive requirements Reply with quote

js15john wrote:
You can format the drive that came with the Kronos. However, any data, KSC, PCG, SEQ, or WAV files will be lost unless you save to USB Flash drive BEFORE the crash! Unfortunately, if you did A LOT of work and didn't back it up to a flash drive then if you format the original drive you will lose all of your work.

Thanks a lot you made my day seriously, I just bought it as used and after 4 days while updating this happen.

Thanks again, but please do you know which format i should use ? Like FAT32
NTFS?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't format boot SSD in Ext partitions formats that Kronos linux OS requires via PC/Mac !
You can use only Kronos restore DVDs utility to format boot SSD and re-install OS.
- If your un-saved work is very essential for you then before doing that you can disconect SSD , connect it on your computer ,
use the utility https://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader , open HD folder in big EXT2 partition and copy your contents there
in an USB thumb drive due to restore them after re-installing !
- In case you have a re-installing failure then you might have to replace SSD with a brand new one if corrupted and next time ,
always use a UPS when updating OS !
- A Samsung 850 EVO Series 120Gb 2.5'' Sata3‎ , is a good option for a new Kronos boot SSD.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Mesh3L

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
You can't format boot SSD in Ext partitions formats that Kronos linux OS requires via PC/Mac !
You can use only Kronos restore DVDs utility to format boot SSD and re-install OS.
- If your un-saved work is very essential for you then before doing that you can disconect SSD , connect it on your computer ,
use the utility https://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader , open HD folder in big EXT2 partition and copy your contents there
in an USB thumb drive due to restore them after re-installing !
- In case you have a re-installing failure then you might have to replace SSD with a brand new one if corrupted and next time ,
always use a UPS when updating OS !
- A Samsung 850 EVO Series 120Gb 2.5'' Sata3‎ , is a good option for a new Kronos boot SSD.

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot, now i fully understand and i can restore my korg, final question and im sorry if i made this topic for too long, once i erase the original ssd,there was several partitions with different sizes,so I deleted all of them except the one with larg size which is 58 GB in FAT32 format, will this affect the restoration process? Or should i get a brand new ssd from now if i made a mistake lol
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had no reason to alter partitions of SSD , now your only choice is to format and install resources using DVDs utility !
In this case , any format state of SSD will be ignored and will be re-partitioned !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: