Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Little help with KARMA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Little help with KARMA Reply with quote

Woomgoog wrote:
I'm totally new to Karma, yesterday I was watching some videos on youtube from Qui Robinez showing how to use etc...
Is there a way to make your own pattern when you chose chords? I'm trying to reproduce the sound you hear on Du Hast - Rammstein. I know that can be sampled etc... But I actually wanted to try to make on Karma so that I could understand better how the setting up works. I actually did get pretty close yesterday but the pattern that is playing is a little off from the original which is kind of a very simple pattern.
So at the same time I know it's something simple but I have not much knowledge on Karma I was wondering if that could be done there or it would be better to forget it and sample it.

Thanks guys

No, you can't roll your own on Karma/Kronos. You would need the software.

You can get variation on some patterns. I am not familiar with Du hast.

If you have your your chords down, you could make a track in SEQ. And build from there.
Gunnar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember what the synth on "Du Hast" is doing, but another option to KARMA is to use the step sequencer. If you have a specific rythem pattern or so to play with a single keypress that is often a good choice
Gunnar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it is a separate feature from KARMA, look it up in the guide Smile
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPPR on the Kronos could probably allow one to cover quite a few parts of Rammstein's Du Hast single handedly. There are quite a few YouTube videos covering RPPR, mostly on other Korg keyboards, but the basic principle is common.

A taster in RPPR, done on the M50. Not exactly Neue Deutsche Härte rock but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0_rNBcRCcU
Mooogie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone tried this Karma rhythm pattern setting to 123 trick as per this video that makes your own wave sequence into a Karma pattern? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgEByCYvdDI
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooogie wrote:
Anyone tried this Karma rhythm pattern setting to 123 trick as per this video that makes your own wave sequence into a Karma pattern? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgEByCYvdDI

Karma is not the same as a step sequencer. I think its a good idea to know exactly what Karma is, how sophisticated it is.

Sure, we can make our own user ARP's thats correct. And yes, within a Combi,you can take your user ARP ( or wav seq) and assign it to Karma and use Karma to latch your user ARP, setting key zones.

I don't know about the 123 trick.

It is a good demo combining the features of Kronos.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often the simplest solution is the best. Smile

amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woomgoog wrote:
Thanks guys for all the replies, I wanted to try to do something like a challenge for me to learn more about Karma and the RPPR that now I know exists.
I've never been a sequencer user before so I'm sorry if my request was really noob. But I solved the problem simply going for the easiest solution since I needed the sound working shortly so I could practice with the band.
I did use the sample LOL.

RPPR or Step Sequencer is the way to go.

Karma is great For Generating Fresh Ideas/Patterns and many other things. Replicating Existing stuff is not its forte.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: