Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA1000 keybed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitpic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: PA1000 keybed Reply with quote

Anybody have an opinion of the PA1000 keybed? Keyboard feel when playing?

My Yamaha S970 has a very light, plastic feeling, touch. My PA4X has a very solid feel to it.

Opinions?

Tx.
JBL Eon One
Space Station V.3
DXR10
ingar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: PA1000 keybed Reply with quote

guitpic wrote:
Anybody have an opinion of the PA1000 keybed? Keyboard feel when playing?

My Yamaha S970 has a very light, plastic feeling, touch. My PA4X has a very solid feel to it.

Opinions?

Tx.
Yes that is S970. And a noisy one. My guitar player says he could here "clack clack from the keybed. Pa 800 and PA 900 was/is better, but not perfekt, but what is? And pa 1000? I don`t know. My Tyros 5 is wery good..
Ritchie_Blackmore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! The keybed of PA 1000 and PA 700 is not so good as I heard from persons who try it! Its a light, plastic feeling like a ordinary keyboard at the price of 200-300 Euro! I have tried PA 900 - very bad keybed very, very light keys they don"t seem like a semi-weighted as we can read in the Owners Manual! The best keybed is in X series of KORG - PA1x, PA2x, PA3x, PA4x and one more thing the keys of X series are 15cm while the PA 900/may be so the same in others/ are 14cm long! Cheers Nick Smile Wink
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 700/1000 keyboards both will feel far better than your Yamaha.

We can easily adjust the feel of the keys within the settings.
guitpic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tx all.
JBL Eon One
Space Station V.3
DXR10
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject: os Reply with quote

well i got my pa1000 for two day now and for the keyboard bed ,,, it suck,,, it just like the pa600,700,900..yes you can play it , it feel like a $200 keyboard ,,,but it sound better then the pa3x, and 23 pounds, it look like it bootup faster then my pa4x,, i will soon time it ,,as far as the fill keys , i do not miss them ,..
now for direct folder ,,i do it on my pa4x and it work fine,, on the pa1000 it will convert the data to a format that pa1000 can read , but when the convert is done and i try to use the new set ,,, it come back and it said , you need to convert again ,, but i just did it , so some thing is wrong, i try it a few times,,
HARMONY work faster then the pa4x ,,, if you sing a long note and change the voice presets fast it keep up with you ,,, the pa4x is slow..on the pa4x the presets are scrambled up on the pa1000 done right , just look at page 519 in the manual..
i an still test it out,
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject: os Reply with quote

Korg

were the computer songbook for the pa700 and pa1000
and the os update on the web page..
Smile
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Duby,

You are probably also on SZ forum but just in case......

In Europe all folks that have ordered the PA1000 are still awaiting delivery.
I have been given to understand that it will be a joint effort in that all shops will only be allowed to really offer the new Korg for delivery once Korg gives the go ahead.
Anyhow as you own both the PA4X and the PA1000 I was most of all wondering how " inferior " the PA1000 is soundwise. Could you express that in a percentage you think ?
Furthermore, am I correct in understanding that the PA1000 can read ALL software related to the PA4X ? ( sounds, sets, styles, samples)
thank you in advance

regards,
John
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

Yamaha keyboards I do know what they feel I've never owned one but I would think it's kinda close to the PA 600,700,900,1000...

Johnsmies
the PA 1000 I might've said this before the sounds sets styles will 99% work sampling I don't do don't do,,, an example of a style one style from the PA4, I and the PA 1000 it worked fine PA1000, did not have the same bass sound as the PA4 , so the PA 1000 substituted , GM bass sound,, so if you don't have the same sound as the PA4 , the PA 1000 will match it up to a different sound and that's good...
The drum samples are also different, some are the same summer not both keyboards side-by-side same drum kit name but they sound different,, still sounds good but they are different the grand piano sounds better than the PA3x , I think PA4 has six different samples for the piano and the PA 1000 uses three out of the six,number ( 3,5,6 ) check the manuals see how I come to this , piano sounds good some of the guitar samples sound like there the full length..
I am going to do more testing just for the fun of it the PA 1000 will not sound as good as the PA4x but it's close to it. The PA4x sounds great and feels great, PA 1000 sounds really good and feels okay, but I knew this when I bought it.
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your speedy reply and the good news about the PA1000. All the more reason to look forward to its arrival here.

regards,
John
Shawn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my PA1000. The Keybed essentially is the same as PA900 but slightly firmer. Maybe it is new.
Shawn
Vkhandelwal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject: PA1000 Keybed Reply with quote

I was hoping that the keybed of PA1000 which claims that it s a semi weighted one would be somewhat similar to my kronos keybed but I was disappointed that it did not have the feel or response which I was hoping for.

May be korg has reserved it for their flagship arranger only.
reinstall

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both pa900 and Yamaha PSR S750.
S750 keys are very good compare to Korg pa900
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: