Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions regarding speaker choices to compliment Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KorgKratos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: Questions regarding speaker choices to compliment Kronos Reply with quote

Being very new to playing music and music production, I'm asking for help on what would be the optimum, reasonably priced speaker choices to really bring out the sounds of the Kronos.

Right now I'm using HS8 studio monitors and the sound is great. However, there is a slight difference in sound when playing a normal piano as opposed to the Kronos, and I'm wondering if it is because the studio speakers produce a flatter sound. Would I better off buying a tube amp? I want a rich sound from a speaker I can perform with. Any suggestions?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions regarding speaker choices to compliment Kronos Reply with quote

KorgKratos wrote:
Being v
1) Right now I'm using HS8 studio monitors and the sound is great.

2) However, there is a slight difference in sound when playing a normal piano as opposed to the Kronos, and I'm wondering if it is because the studio speakers produce a flatter sound. Would I better off buying a tube amp? I want a rich sound from a speaker I can perform with. Any suggestions?

1) you are playing ?? thru the HS8's

2) what is a ' normal piano ' ? An acoustic ?

..opposed to Kronos ... ? what program ?
KorgKratos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry- yes it is an acoustic piano that I take lessons on. The Yamahas are my speakers hooked up to the Kronos. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to get a great, rich sound.
KorgKratos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess what I'm looking for is this- Ive been trying to learn Riders on The Storm on the Kronos, using the EP, and it just seems to be missing something. I suspect it is the output device I am using.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KorgKratos wrote:
I guess what I'm looking for is this- Ive been trying to learn Riders on The Storm on the Kronos, using the EP, and it just seems to be missing something. I suspect it is the output device I am using.

start from the beginning

what EP is Manzarek playing ?
KorgKratos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its funny as I write this, because it is making it very apparent how lazy I can be. you're absolutely right- I should start at the beginning , and work toward what I finally want to hear, rather than expect it right away. Forgive me- I have switched from a lifelong desire to understand the inteRrelationships of all things in the culinary world (4Cool, to wanting to understand all of the components of the world of sound. The first journey wasnt easy but it was immensely enjoyable, and I should expect the same for this one as well.

Your advise was a good kick in the tuchas. I need to just sit down and play.
Xenophile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come when Freddie Mercury sang it sounded so good, but when I sing it doesn’t sound good at all?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: