Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Bass internal speaker is working but 3.5mm cuts out

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnycartel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject: Volca Bass internal speaker is working but 3.5mm cuts out Reply with quote

My Volca bass has suddenly lost part of the signal when using the frequency cut off dial, it starts cutting in and out. When I play through onboard speaker it's totally normal, but as sson as I pug it into my interface the problem starts again. I'm thinking it may have been affected by a phantom power input by mistake, but I can't be sure. Is it likely changing out the 3.5mm female socket on the board will help? So frustrating
slug

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the fault reveals itself when using the cutoff knob, that suggests that the problem is there seeing as the signal runs through it... Maybe a dry joint on one of the pot legs? I would open it up and inspect the soldering on it (if you know what you are looking for).
jonnycartel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.. I'll openit up and take a look. Strange that it works perfectly through the speaker though and not using 3.5mm out...
slug

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnycartel wrote:
Thanks.. I'll openit up and take a look. Strange that it works perfectly through the speaker though and not using 3.5mm out...
It still might be, the way the board moves when the cutoff knob is moved could certainly create that flex in a dry joint in the headphone jack...i reckon if you check the joints on both those components you might have a fairly easy fix. Good luck Smile
jonnycartel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, I'll update with findings...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: