Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What damper pedal do you use with Kronos?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ng_friend

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: What damper pedal do you use with Kronos? Reply with quote

I've got a Kronos on order and I'm trying to find a good damper pedal to use with it. I was using a Roland DP-10 with my recently sold Krome, which I really liked for several reasons. It has this non-slip rubber plate that swings out and keeps it from sliding on carpet. Also, it's ones of the few pedals I saw with a right angle plug, which is nice if you use a dust cover for your board. The issue I have is that after a few months of ownership, the sustain effect with this pedal would sometimes get stuck on with my Krome. I think something might have went wrong internally with the electronics in the pedal.

I feel like the Roland pedal is my ideal pedal, but I'm kind of put off by the fact that it started having issues after only a few months. Warranty also appears to be practically non-existant. Are there any other good options I should look at? I also have the cheapo M-Audio pedal, which seems to work fine, but it slides all over my carpet due to the lack of the rubber plate the Roland has, and it lacks half-damper support.
ando727

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Korg DS1H - it's sturdy and as good as any other single pedal out there, and there's no doubt about compatibility with the Kronos.
Kronos 2 88, Korg T1, Mesa Boogie Triaxis/2:90, TC G-major II.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think the DP10 is a fine choice. I currently have 3 of them. One is REALLY old but still works fine. There are a bunch to choose from, and our K'S will work with + or - pedals.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/gkEHGJ2N9Qw
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a long time I've look for a good damper pedal, with half-damper spec, and cheaper than the Korg pedal. But I didn't find it.
Finally, I've bought the Korg DS1H. Very good one.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a long time I've look for a good damper pedal, with half-damper spec, and cheaper than the Korg pedal. But I didn't find it.
Finally, I've bought the Korg DS1H. Very good one.
mikeyd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha FC4 works just fine and reasonably priced as well. It does not do 1/2 damper though. Ive used them forever and never had one die on me. There is a post on expression pedals from last week with some good advice from folks that may help if your searching for one of those.
Welcome to the KRONOS!
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg DS-1H
Roaldn DP-10, but half damping does not work.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
jeffjazzwraight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Kronos Triple Pedal - Is there one? Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I've been going back and forwards on the forum looking for a straight answer but so far........!!!???

Is there a recommended triple pedal for Kronos. i.e. Soft/Sostenuto/Sustain? (I'm not talking expression pedals, I have several Yamaha FC7's & 9's)

Basically I want to use the Kronos for some classical gigs in case the house pianos are crap or non-existant!

It seems the Korg DS1H will handle sustain & half damping (TRS jack) This leaves only one socket on Kronos however for the other two functions.

Perhaps one of Korg's reps could come on board with an answer?.

Best wishes

Jeff
Kronos 88 v3.1.3-Upgraded & Maxed out to 3gb. Nord Stage 2 88HD. Roland Jupiter 80. Waldorf Blofeld Keys. Korg TR. Yamaha S80. Yamaha DX7 special edition. PC-Windows 10 64bit 16gig Ram. M Audio Delta 1010lt. Cubase Pro 10. Sibelius Ultimate, NI Komplete Ultimate 11. Trillion. Lounge Lizard. Wavelab.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Triple Pedal - Is there one? Reply with quote

jeffjazzwraight wrote:
Hi folks,

I've been going back and forwards on the forum looking for a straight answer but so far........!!!???

Is there a recommended triple pedal for Kronos. i.e. Soft/Sostenuto/Sustain? (I'm not talking expression pedals, I have several Yamaha FC7's & 9's)

Basically I want to use the Kronos for some classical gigs in case the house pianos are crap or non-existant!

It seems the Korg DS1H will handle sustain & half damping (TRS jack) This leaves only one socket on Kronos however for the other two functions.

Perhaps one of Korg's reps could come on board with an answer?.

Best wishes

Jeff

this might help:

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/assigning-switches-and-pedals-on-a-korg-kronosx/

What I read is is Sostenuto is a 'function ' or a setting inside Kronos.

I don't believe the triple pedal is the best option for Kronos. It might 'work'
but I think Korg has another pedal approach for soft/Sostenuto/

You have 3 assignable pedal outputs on Kronos. I guess this does not follow the classic 3 pedal sustain approach of some digital stage pianos or standard acoustic pianos.

I think the complexity of the Kronos W/s and the various 'assignable functions'
was what Kprg decided long ago.

FYI, Korg reps don't provide support here. It would be nice but don't hold your breath. The community has stepped up on the support side.

Last edited by GregC on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Triple Pedal - Is there one? Reply with quote

jeffjazzwraight wrote:

Since there is only two inputs on the Kronos for "piano pedals", a triple pedal unit would need to be MIDI/SYSEX programmable to work on the Kronos, supposing the polarities would be OK and the right one compatible for half-damping. The only other way would be to create a custom electronic circuit for the left or middle pedal to work in the "assignable pedal jack", normally used for an expression pedal. In other words, create an pseudo expression pedal with only two values : fully up and fully down (to work as a switch equivalent), and then assign it to soft or sostenuto. I know the values needed but you would need to have OK skills at building a basic electronic circuit (soldering wires and components, etc.). Rather complicated for such an application IMHO, but possible.

Personally, I mainly play classical solo piano on the Kronos and also on my acoustic grand and I use the middle pedal only once in a blue moon, so I believe it's pointless to bother having more than the soft and sustain ones on the Kronos. YMMV

Last edited by KK on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
jeffjazzwraight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Kronos Pedals Reply with quote

Hi Greg.

Thanks for your message. Yep I understand - So it looks like I should use a DS1H for sustain (at the moment I use a Yamaha FC4) and another pedal to work the sostenuto (maybe the FC4 will do that). I suppose I could live without the 'Soft' function.

The link looks really helpful. I'll get my head around it & post my results back here when I have any good results.

Best wishes

Jeff

Oh PS. The Yamaha FC7's & 9's all work fine with Kronos.
Kronos 88 v3.1.3-Upgraded & Maxed out to 3gb. Nord Stage 2 88HD. Roland Jupiter 80. Waldorf Blofeld Keys. Korg TR. Yamaha S80. Yamaha DX7 special edition. PC-Windows 10 64bit 16gig Ram. M Audio Delta 1010lt. Cubase Pro 10. Sibelius Ultimate, NI Komplete Ultimate 11. Trillion. Lounge Lizard. Wavelab.
jeffjazzwraight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Kronos & Triple Pedal Reply with quote

Hi KK

Thanks for your message. Yes I can see your reasoning - I'll give that a try. Actually I use the sostenuto pedal a reasonable amount for impressionistic & modern classics. The soft not as much. A subtle patch change could work for that.

Anyway with new info from yourself & GregC I'm looking into it. We'll see what happens!

Best wishes

Jeff
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Pedals Reply with quote

jeffjazzwraight wrote:
Hi Greg.

Thanks for your message. Yep I understand - So it looks like I should use a DS1H for sustain (at the moment I use a Yamaha FC4) and another pedal to work the sostenuto (maybe the FC4 will do that). I suppose I could live without the 'Soft' function.

The link looks really helpful. I'll get my head around it & post my results back here when I have any good results.

Best wishes

Jeff

Oh PS. The Yamaha FC7's & 9's all work fine with Kronos.

Glad to help, Jeff. Sorry about the mis-info on the Y pedals. Good that they work on the K.
guarib

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg DS1H
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: