Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who uses their Kronos for worship service?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darrellskey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Who uses their Kronos for worship service? Reply with quote

Who uses their Kronos for worship service? What are some of your favorite combinations?
tim.condon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use it for this purpose several times a month. I actually build a custom combi for every song. If you're interested, I can provide you with a .PCG with all these combis in case they match your needs.

It's worth noting I typically use a set of midi pedals, a second keyboard controller, and a midi pad set, though, so many of these sounds depend on parts played via midi channels 2, 3, and 4
darrellskey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim.condon wrote:
I use it for this purpose several times a month. I actually build a custom combi for every song. If you're interested, I can provide you with a .PCG with all these combis in case they match your needs.

It's worth noting I typically use a set of midi pedals, a second keyboard controller, and a midi pad set, though, so many of these sounds depend on parts played via midi channels 2, 3, and 4

Wow, that would be awesome!! Thanks!!
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do every week. I have the K61 MIDI'd up to a Yamaha P80 for the weighted action. I use the Nanopad 2 and an iPad for backing tracks. I've sampled about a dozen Omnisphere sounds that I use every week.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sequences in the Kronos that I use for worship. Some are MIDI tracks that I created (often with Band-in-a-Box app on my Mac), some are MIDI tracks that I purchased online, others are audio tracks that I purchased online. Of the audio tracks, most are multitrack stems that I import into the Kronos.

I also use Combis with KARMA patterns for worship. I like those because I'm not tied down to a prerecorded number of verses and choruses.
tim.condon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get that PCG here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1orzvqUoucrMIdi1fUwEpDWJmQCjftn0_/view?usp=sharing

This is a (near) complete image of my Kronos, except for program banks EE, FF, and GG - which contain sounds made by other people (online), and which I therefore didn't feel I could include since I can't take credit.

My song-specific combis are mostly in banks E and F; some other custom utility combis are in bank G. Song names should be self-explanatory.

A few notes:
1. I keep lead sounds on the L/R outs, but I've routed pads and other sustained sounds to the 1/2 stereo pair because my church's sound engineer prefers to control those levels separately. If you only have one stereo pair or are using headphones, change the IFX routing so you hear the whole sound. I've also set up click tracks for many combis that transmit on output 4.

2. As I already mentioned, I use bass pedals over midi 2 and a second keyboard occasionally via midi 3. The pedals are usually pads; you could probably change all the midi-2 stuff to a LH split with a -octave transpose to get most of the effect.

3. For most songs, I start with half or so of the timbres muted and then add them in one by one as we hit the chorus, second verse, bridge, etc.

4. The last three set lists are the favorite sounds of our church's three keyboardists - maybe you'll find some stuff you like there, too.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions. I've never had anyone try to use my combis before, so I'm not sure whether they'll make sense - but hopefully it's a little helpful!

--Tim
Xenophile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.theoi.com/Titan/TitanKronos.html

If you put a Pagan god in the same room as the Judeo-Christian God it causes a spontaneous trans-substantiation, and no one likes a spontaneous trans-substantiation. Trust me.
jrgeiger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:38 pm    Post subject: Kronos for Worship Reply with quote

I am not as technical as it appears others who have responded already but like to keep it simple. I use the Set List feature to save progs/combis by song title. Some songs require more than one prog/combi. The First Set List is always my "next gig/service" and after a service, I cut and past them to another set list which I have organized alphabetically. For example Set List 000 is "next service", Set List 001 is "A" (for all songs that begin with the letter A), Set List 002 is for "B" songs, etc. After 26 letters that leaves room on the first page of Set Lists for "Projects", "Experiments", "Favorites" etc. I keep a few custom combis I have made (playing behind prayer etc.) loaded in "Next" all the time and never remove them.

Building things this way, once I have done a song I have all progs/combis for that song safely stored away by name for the next time I need them. Just a quick cut and paste into "Next" set list and all set to roll.
pete.m

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one, Xenophile!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: