Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monologue - All Dump, Sound Librarian, and Drivers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mono-mono83

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Monologue - All Dump, Sound Librarian, and Drivers Reply with quote

Korg Driver Issue: you must have the driver installed somewhere between midi0 and midi9 on your PC. If you're installed on midi10 or higher, the monologue won't recognize the driver. If you change where you're plugging your USB cable into your PC, you'll also need to reinstall the driver.
1) download the latest Korg driver
2) browse to ...\Program Files (x86)\KORG\KORG USB-MIDI Driver
3) click the "UnInstDrv64" program
4) check that where you have midi0, midi1, etc. that you have an empty slot somewhere from midi0 to midi9. If the Korg driver was installed in one of the slots from midi0 to midi9, you're good and everything should work.
5) if all slots are full and your Korg driver was installed in slot midi10 or higher, click Option, then select slots to delete
6) reinstall the Korg driver
7) go back to step 4, and confirm that the Korg driver is somewhere from midi0 to midi9

basically, if the Korg driver is installed in midi10 or higher, it won't work. This seems to be a bug with Korg. I was having all kinds of problems (noted below), but once I deleted and reinstalled the driver into one of the slots in midi0 to midi9, both the Sound Librarian and monologue dump functions worked perfectly.

-------------

I'm trying to use All Dump and the Sound Librarian. However, I can't get information to transfer. I just downloaded the most recent Korg USB-MIDI driver for Windows 10 (Version:1.15 r22e, Date:2017.09.22) and I power cycled my PC and the monologue after installation. I've also downloaded the monologue Sound Librarian (ver. 1.0.1.3).

I've tried sending information both over USB and MIDI. When I use "All Dump (USB)" I'm getting "USB error" on the monologue screen even though my USB cable is connected. When I use "All Dump (MIDI)" it says "transmitting" on the monologue, but the Sound Librarian says "Timeout. Please check the MIDI port settings in the Librarian, and MIDI Filter SysEx settings in the monologue." I have a MIDI cable from the OUT on the monologue, to the IN on my audio interface. I've only got the one MIDI cable connected.

I have my USB cable straight to the computer, and my MIDI signal is going through my Focusrite interface.

In Global 4 on the monologue, I have MIDI Ch 1, and all the "Enable" settings are set to "on." MIDI route is "USB+MIDI"

The only thing I can think is that there is a problem with my driver. I installed the Korg Legacy Collection in July 2017, so I have Korg drivers on my machine from that. I'm wondering if those old drivers are somehow messing with the current driver, and because of that I'm not able to send/receive either over USB or MIDI. I would assume that when I installed the new driver that the old ones were deleted, but maybe that's not the case. I've contacted Korg for help.

I'm seeing online that Korg has this problem when you have more than 10 MIDI ports setup. I haven't looked into this yet, but reading some other forums it looks like this has resolved issues for some people. I'll probably try to see how many MIDI ports I have, and try to delete some. Apparently this is a Korg issue, and it's not a problem with Windows.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and the Sound Librarian. Nothing has helped. The Sound Librarian keeps saying, "KORG USB-MIDI Driver is not installed" even though it is installed.[/b]

Last edited by mono-mono83 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:35 am; edited 10 times in total
mono-mono83

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from a reddit post. I'm going to try this and report back. It would be good if Korg had some instruction regarding the issue of MIDI ports in Windows since this isn't handled automatically.

https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/2wtawg/help_korg_r3_usb_midi_not_working/

Don't use the old drivers. Uninstall the old ones. Download the newest one.

Install the driver software. Do not run the "Install KORG USB-MIDI Device" application.

Run the "Uninstall KORG USB-MIDI Device" application. Yes, it's confusing, I know, but follow along and do it anyways. Hit the Next button. It will show a list of MIDI drivers that are installed from midi0 through midi9. Many of them will be grayed out. Press the "Option..." button. Uncheck the checkbox for "Delete KORG MIDI device only" then press the OK button.

Now all the midi locations with an active driver will be enabled so that you can check them. You need to remove at least two of them, preferably consecutive ones. Might as well remove any that you aren't planning to use at the same tome. Check them. Hit the Next button and proceed to remove them.

Close the app. Reload the same app just to confirm that two spaces are available then close it again.

Now you can run the "Install KORG USB-MIDI Device" application to install the two midi ports require for the R3.

Then run the "Configure KORG USB-MIDI Driver" app. The "Devices..." button should be enabled. Press the button. The two R3 midi ports should be displayed.

It should work now.

You can run the "Configure KORG Driver Setup Utility" to have the driver automatically load when starting.

What causes this? The driver can only use two of software midi ports from midi0-9. Sometimes these can all be taken up by old drivers. Korg doesn't remove them automatically. So they have to be removed this way first.
Cymka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
My Minilogue Driver is correctly installed in Slot 8, and however, my sound Librarian keep doing the same Timeout thing. Does anyone has a solution.. ?
Thank you..
Cymka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cymka wrote:
Hi guys,
My Minilogue Driver is correctly installed in Slot 8, and however, my sound Librarian keep doing the same Timeout thing. Does anyone has a solution.. ?
Thank you..

Ok, so, actually the program says timeout, but when i checked it was working, hahaha. Fellow day to all of you people
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: