Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mapping Kronos to Live playlist - how to control each song?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korggal2015

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Mapping Kronos to Live playlist - how to control each song? Reply with quote

Hey kind folks,

I'm searching google/YT/this forum but unable to find an answer for these questions:

1) I'd like to make a short performance gig playlist in Live on my macbook. I can't copy and paste all 10 songs midi format into one playlist of course but I could make a playlist of songs in their wav format but then I can't map the Kronos controller to individual parameters of each song. Only option I see is opening/closing EACH song in Live (but I hate the latency) in order to be able to use Kronos as a controller. Are there any other ways?
2) When using Korg as the controller for Live, if I've armed a track so that I can play that track along with hearing the sound of the Kronos, the armed track bleeds through after I've lifted my finger off the Kronos keyboard. Any way to stop this? I've got value scaling turned on
3) Random: and why can't one turn off auto-play in iTunes?? I have some songs in iTunes as last backup in case Kronos etc fails)

Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks so much for reading
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Live, so I can't answer those questions. But, I do have a question for you.

Is there a reason you're not putting your standard MIDI files in the Kronos Sequencer? You could have all your songs loaded in Set List and be ready to go.

As for iTunes - It's not designed for performance. Most people don't want to hear one song and have it stop playing.

I used an iPod briefly for playing backing tracks years ago. I added about 10 seconds of silence to each song to give me time to pause before the next song began.
Korggal2015

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Live, so I can't answer those questions. But, I do have a question for you.

Is there a reason you're not putting your standard MIDI files in the Kronos Sequencer? You could have all your songs loaded in Set List and be ready to go.

As for iTunes - It's not designed for performance. Most people don't want to hear one song and have it stop playing.

I used an iPod briefly for playing backing tracks years ago. I added about 10 seconds of silence to each song to give me time to pause before the next song began.

No worries. I did 1 album (released already) and had 3 albums nearly done via Kronos sequencer but I lost everything in the recent brush fires. I was able to retrieve my first album from itunes/ipod etc

Good point, I can try using the iPod instead of iTunes as backup - I didn't think of that - thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: