Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aftertouch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darryll

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Aftertouch Reply with quote

Some websites say with aftertouch and some say without. KorgUSA is not clear on this. Does it have aftertouch or not? And if not, please explain the logic behind that decision. Why would a flagship analog synth not have aftertouch?
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not mentioned when the keybed is described, with only velocity being mentioned. And the word aftertouch appears nowhere in the manual, so I'm gonna take an informed guess and say no it doesn't have doesn't have aftertouch.
Aftertouch adds a bit to the cost I think.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no after touch but it shares the same keybed as the Kronos 2 61, which is quality.
Synthee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe its the marketing term: "natural touch keyboard" that confuse some people.
Darryll

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like I'm not the only one that's confused. So does "natural touch keyboard" mean aftertouch? Because in my mind, aftertouch is a natural way to play any pro-level synth. I am a Korg man from the M1 days. I owned a M1, T1, 01/W, etc.). I now have a Kronos 88 AND Kronos 61. LOVE THEM BOTH!! If they are selling the prologue as having 'the same' key-bed as the Kronos, then it should have aftertouch. Right???

Again, can someone give a definitive answer here. And if it does not; please help me to understand WHY NOT. Maybe I need to have a paradigm shift in how I approach 'professional' boards.

Aftertouch surely doesn't add that much to the cost of an instrument. Korg not designing aftertouch in a product as good as a the KingKorg or as good as the prologue appears to be is crazy IMO. That would push me from a prologue purchase to a DSI REV2 purchase.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The definitve aswer is in Korg's own spec sheet: Prologue has no aftertouch.

That's quite a weird letdown for a polyphonic synth these days.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a guess, aftertouch would add something like $200-$300 to the cost, provided the keybed accepted the sensor strip without modification, which ought to be the case if it's the same as the Kronos 2 61. An opportunity for aftermarket upgrades, perhaps?

Scrub that. Based on the MIDI implementation chart, the Prologue neither transmits nor receives MIDI CC#02 (aftertouch). There are, however, plenty of other CC#s assigned to various modulation types that could usefully be controlled by an aftertouch sensing MIDI CC# generator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: