Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bouncing all individual tracks to disc - for use in DAW

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmortenx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Bouncing all individual tracks to disc - for use in DAW Reply with quote

Hi,

I cannot find a command that will let me bounce all the midi and audio tracks down as individual wav files in one go to a USB drive so I can use it in a DAW...

Is it there ?? or will it be a giant pain to move a song to DAW??

Very Happy Very Happy

Ps. Is there also a command that will save all the midi files in a song (starting from zero) in a folder - so I can import them in the DAW to edit the notes and change the sounds to Omnisphere etc.. ???

All the best Very Happy Very Happy
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bouncing all individual tracks to disc - for use in DAW Reply with quote

xmortenx wrote:
Hi,

I cannot find a command that will let me bounce all the midi and audio tracks down as individual wav files in one go to a USB drive so I can use it in a DAW...

Is it there ?? or will it be a giant pain to move a song to DAW??

LOL. no, its not a giant pain

When in SEQ mode, and in your SONG, see Audio In Sampling.
Thats your start

There are about 7 steps start to finish

this YT is decent to get you to your result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d7dHqqo1_s
xmortenx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

I saw that video and can also bounce a mixdown of all the tracks to wav.

However I need the individual tracks, so they can be finished in a DAW and a stereo track of everything is not enough. Is sampling each track manually the only to do this. ??

In a DAW if you need to move to anther brand of a DAW then you can press bounce individual tracks as wav files and you will get all you tracks as individual wav files starting from zero ready to be used in whatever DAW or HD recorder.

Very Happy
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmortenx wrote:
Very Happy

I saw that video and can also bounce a mixdown of all the tracks to wav.

However I need the individual tracks, so they can be finished in a DAW and a stereo track of everything is not enough. Is sampling each track manually the only to do this. ??

In a DAW if you need to move to anther brand of a DAW then you can press bounce individual tracks as wav files and you will get all you tracks as individual wav files starting from zero ready to be used in whatever DAW or HD recorder.

Very Happy

I might not be understanding you.

Kronos is not a DAW , of course, and specialized software is going to be more sophisticated.

Yes, I believe , due to the file (song) structure plus the SEQ and Sampling , its 1 Audio file at a time. The SEQ as you see it is has structure that likely was created in the Triton days or older. Others can be more accurate with that history.

Or you can change your process, somehow.

I am moving ( very slowly) to Cubase . At best, I have a rough idea what my recording process will be with Kronos + Cubase.

See if anyone has a better handle with your recording process with your DAW, since I might be not understanding or seeing another possibility.

Last edited by GregC on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Bouncing all individual tracks to disc - for use in DAW Reply with quote

xmortenx wrote:
Hi,
Ps. Is there also a command that will save all the midi files in a song (starting from zero) in a folder - so I can import them in the DAW to edit the notes and change the sounds to Omnisphere etc.. ???

It looks like this process is covered on page 861 of the parameter guide, and is flexible (one MID with all 16 channels, or separate to individual MID files per channel).

Wow, I did not realize that bouncing to individual audio tracks was so painful. An automated process for this seems like a feature many would want.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helas ! You are right xmortenx : one by one !

I make it these days for one of my song.
one tracks by one track - step by step

each midi tracks channel sampled to a wav file and yes It takes a long time

(no need for the audio tracks : they are each already made)

Then I transfer them from the usb key to Sequoia.
Why ??? Because no restriction for the number of tracks.

no need for the audio tracks : they are each already made

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: