Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WavesArt Kronos Cinematic Suite has been released !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that expression pedal has not been used for Strings sections , volume is steady and overall expression is clearly
depending on your fingers (mine in the case) ... luckily very close to my giant commercial VST Symphonic creations.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised , today is the official release ! Very Happy
http://wavesart.eu/KronosEXs

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
As promised , today is the official release ! Very Happy
http://wavesart.eu/KronosEXs

from your site:

"Program Banks U_AA up to U_GG will be overwritten
until Korg will update OS v.3 and provide more Program Banks (only 5 free Banks at present time)."

If it was up to me. I would remove " until Korg will update OS v.3 and provide more Program Banks ."

You are suggesting Korg will do this as if its a promise or something. I am stating Korg will not do this.

Until its done, its not done. Korg has never promised OS updates forever.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This note concerns bundle of 5 WavesArt Suites not Cinematic Suite !!!
Click on Cinematic Tab to read requirements ... nothing else is required !

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
This note concerns bundle of 5 WavesArt Suites not Cinematic Suite !!!
Click on Cinematic Tab to read requirements ... nothing else is required !

that statement or ' ' note' about Korg is on your "splash " or 1st page.

You refer to a " Waves Art Bundle "

But I don't see a clarification what that is.

Thats what I read on the bottom of your sites opening page.

Keep in mind, I am not criticizing. Just making an observation as a customer.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know your good intentions don't worry !
This is clearly mentioned "WavesArt Bundle Suite of 11 GB" and if you better remark what tabs are grouped
at this bundle then it's easy to understand what I mean.
You know that there are 200 Korg store EXs libraries , all are assigned at the same 4-5 by default Kronos free Program
banks and nobody cares of what user would do if he wants some of them loaded simultaneously in the same setup !
This is my main concern when I distribute complex bundles and I have to warm customers in advance for this serious
issue when they want all to work fine in their setup , since I'm against multiple PCG & KSC setups that's why I'm the only
third-party developer that I customize customers PCG Setup !
Anyway I will clarify there that I'm talking about a single global PCG setup.

psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The statement "Program Banks U_AA up to U_GG will be overwritten " is very concerning for those of us who depend on our Kronos for live gigging, and yet only have an intermediate understanding of the Kronos file management system. I know I have personally been the victim of a grave mistake where I tried to load an old song or old preload_KSC only to have wiped out many months worth of programming.

Please explain if there is a compromise solution that lets us use the Cinematic Suite without overwriting months of hard work on custom programs and combis. Thank you.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't understand , what confuses you so much ...
Cinematic Suite is one pack that you can read requirments at the equivalent TAB "Cinematic Suite"
http://wavesart.eu/KronosEXs/Cinematic%20Suite.html
where is clearly written that only Program Banks U_FF & U_GG are used , but except that I'm in charge of your
PCG management , so this can be changed by me according to free Program Banks of your setup !
I wrote before that I'm the only developer that I entirely support customers personal PCG setup so any
grave errors or programming loss are entirely out of this case !
This you're reading is not for one but for 5 Suites (Suite Bundle) that needs special treatment and I have
already done it for many customers !
But even in the case you have no free Program Banks the solution is very easy ... I provide a standalone PCG
& Preload.KSC that will load 5 Suites Bundle as a different setup and when required you load back your previous
setup also using your older PCG & Preload.KSCs files !

There is a rule in Kronos file management that must always be followed ... before any major change you will always
save a full PCG file in case of failure and nothing will be lost , also KSC files or any existing custom samples will not ever
lost if you do not delete them manually , KSC files will be always included in samples folder for any loading/Pre-loading future use !

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psionic311 wrote:
The statement "Program Banks U_AA up to U_GG will be overwritten " is very concerning for those of us who depend on our Kronos for live gigging, and yet only have an intermediate understanding of the Kronos file management system. I know I have personally been the victim of a grave mistake where I tried to load an old song or old preload_KSC only to have wiped out many months worth of programming.

Please explain if there is a compromise solution that lets us use the Cinematic Suite without overwriting months of hard work on custom programs and combis. Thank you.

there should be a post or 2 about creating and loading custom PCG's.

It may have been addressed by a 3rd party sample lib developer, burning bush.

That approach does work. It has to be followed precisely which makes sense.

Stating the obvious, the K is +7 years old. It has limits. I work around it, adapt every day.

If I gigged, and it was regular, important livelihood, I would strongly consider having 2 K's on stage. I understand thats not always practical if the band is pushed into a dinky stage or small corner of a bar.

The 3rd party samples are simply so good, that also supports, in theory, having 2K's. One K has your factory pop favorites. The other K has your custom samples. I know this is a big commitment for +7 yr old W/s. I believe us serious musicians should think big picture.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to own 2 Kronos for different setups , only for polyphony reasons , like the Cinematic pack
I will prepare for 2 K with 250 polyphony !
We can create an article for preparing multiple setup in the same Kronos according to performance needs !
Swapping between 2 full Ram loaded Setup requires only 2 minutes in real time , first loading PCG and then
"Load Now" from preload interface , selecting the proper existing KSC ! Wink
The only real problem is with third party EXs , that their resources will overlap each other !
This is what I'm trying to avoid ...

studio460

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased and installed WavesArt's Cinematic Suite on my new Kronos Platinum. OMG! Antony's library produces the most amazing sounds I’ve ever heard coming from a hardware synth—period. In my opinion, this library represents a tectonic-shift in the hardware-synth landscape. If you love authentic-sounding strings and other orchestral sounds, this sound set, I believe, sets a new bar.

What struck me most about WavesArt's suite is how well multiple-notes played using the same instrument sounds. The individual bass, cello, viola, and violin sound excellent when single-notes are played, but when multiple notes of the same instrument are played, they still sound correct.

Ever since I bought my first sampler, the 12-bit, 30kHz, floppy disc-loading Roland S-10 way back in 1986, I've been dreaming of strings which sounded real. Most synth's strings presets sound pretty artificial and will never be mistaken for the real thing; they tend to have too much mid-tone, sound muddy, and "organ-ish" when multiple notes are played together, and higher registers are often far too shrill-sounding. Finally, truly realistic-sounding strings and other orchestral instruments have arrived on a hardware synth—and that synth is the one and only Korg Kronos. Kudos to Antony's expert programming and artistry for producing such an authentic-sounding library. This is the sole reason I bought a Kronos—its ability to produce the best-sounding strings of any other synth on the market.

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS
PCG Tools v3.2.0 | WavesArt Cinematic Suite EXs

studio460

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinematic Suite's strings really cut through the mix! I just laid down an eight-bar synth track—just two major chords. I used my Roland G's #011 patch: "Many, Many Saws," a very Roland-ey synth pad. On top of that, I laid down a CS solo Stradivarius cello. Then in the next measure: CS' 12 violas 10 cellos patch. While the Stradivarius cello really cuts through the mix (the Stradivarius samples have a lot of treble and upper mid-range—this is good thing), the viola-cello ensemble samples stood out nearly as well.

It's a real pleasure to mix the CS strings into a synth and rhythm bed, since you can actually hear the instruments. This has long been a challenge when recording quick tracks on my Fantom G's audio recorder. Without doing a lot of custom-EQing, I have a mix where the hero instruments can be heard, effortlessly. Front-row, first-chair viola really sounds, "there." I believe this is a key reason why authentic-sounding samples and expert programming are so critical in such applications. This same mix using a manufacturer's preset strings can turn into a muddy, incoherent mess pretty quickly.

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph , I see that you really enjoy Strings Ensembles & solo , but do not leave in margin these unique Brass Ensembles , since
you can find affordable strings even in Korg Store , maybe not close to this premioum level , but you definately can't find at all
even the "smell" of authentic Symphonic Horns Ensembles or similar vocals for Cinematic/Film Scoring creation that you own ...
just for the records.
I also want to personally thank you for your warm presentation for other members and your support ! Very Happy

studio460

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome! I've been so overwhelmed by the quality of the strings that I completely forgot to mention the brass—the horns are fantastic! I probably won't be using any of Kronos' native orchestral instruments from now on. I also have to mention the excellent and easy-to-use articulations in the string and brass instruments. Very natural-sounding and easy to play. While I'm at it, the snare and timpani rolls and flams are excellent as well!

studio460

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a brand-new Kronos owner, I didn't know how to add the CS suite as an additional auto-loaded KSC file, so I e-mailed Antony and he got back to me right away with the answer. Kudos to Antony's responsive, personalized support! Everything auto-loads in the correct banks at power-up, and all the factory sounds remain intact. I've since been directly comparing Kronos' factory strings with CS' strings—wow, what a difference!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: