Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*fixed* korg and shop replacing. Still love the K
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a small blip upon your return to the fold....then... Wink

Pleased you have a good attitude to all of this,unfortunate(possibly rare) episode and still have faith with the Kronos.

Which shop was it bought from ?
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedro5 wrote:
Just a small blip upon your return to the fold....then... Wink

Pleased you have a good attitude to all of this,unfortunate(possibly rare) episode and still have faith with the Kronos.

Which shop was it bought from ?

Yeah, not an issue. I'll PM you the shop name. It was their immediate suggestion for them to deliver me a new one and pick the other up at the same time via courier at no expense.
I would like to name them but to be honest I don't think it's fair, as I've never had an issue with any music shop, regarding returns, so I don't wave a flag for anybody. We are very fortunate in the UK.

Very Happy
daddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. But I opened the keyboard and I probably lost warranty. What can I do? Wich is the cause for this boot failure? What is out of order? SSD, Sata cable, mainboard?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daddy wrote:
I have the same problem. But I opened the keyboard and I probably lost warranty. What can I do? Wich is the cause for this boot failure? What is out of order? SSD, Sata cable, mainboard?

I don't know your country. Warranties will vary.

Kong gives a conditional warranty. Register your K on the Korg site.

Your sales receipt , proof of purchase acts as ' warranty ' plus your registration.
daddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
daddy wrote:

Your sales receipt , proof of purchase acts as ' warranty ' plus your registration.

I am from Romania. I asked at the shop and they tell me that I lost my warranty because I opened the keyboard. That's why I want to know wich is the issue, maybe I can fix it. Thanks.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daddy wrote:
GregC wrote:
daddy wrote:

I am from Romania. I asked at the shop and they tell me that I lost my warranty because I opened the keyboard. That's why I want to know wich is the issue, maybe I can fix it. Thanks.

you say 'opened the keyboard "

to be clear, what exactly did you do ?
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daddy wrote:

I don't know what it is. I have never opened a Synth.

I would email Korg regarding your position.
daddy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's say I have no warranty. I want to know wich is the issue. Could be the RAM memory?
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daddy wrote:

The following suggestions may or may not work, but you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

1) Open your Kronos and make *triple* sure all of your connections, cables are well-seated. For example, make sure the ribbon cable connecting your hard drive or keyboard is connected well, make sure the RAM is fully seated (maybe try one stick only, maybe you have one bad RAM stick), make sure your main IEC power cable is fully seated or else try another one from your computer, etc.

2) Never turn your Kronos off and then immediately on again. Always wait at least 20 seconds before turning it on again.

3) Get a UPS and plug your Kronos into that battery backup. Always.

4) If you do manage to get the Kronos to boot up the first time without issue -- then go to DISK mode and do a SAVE ALL, wait about 20 seconds, turn the Kronos off, wait 20 seconds, then turn it back on.

5) Make sure you have sufficient clean power for your Kronos upon bootup (see #3 above), but also make sure nothing but the power cable is plugged in. In other words, no USB peripherals connected, no MIDI cables, no audio cables, etc. The point of troubleshooting is to start with the basics, eliminate any possibilities, then slowly add more devices until you find the problem.

Hope that helps.
daddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did all this, but the problem persists. I can not figure it out. Repeat randomly, once a week or two three days. It has made me this problem since the first day, but I thought it was a common software error and it was remedied by reinstalling the OS. There is probably an imperfect contact somewhere or a defective component. But who and where? I think Korg knows what the problem is, because I see from the above that there have been cases. From the Korg service somebody told me that the motherboard might be malfunctioning and that it would cost the repair of about 700 euros. The motherboard cost when 137 euros were found in stores. It's a very ugly policy to ask for one thing five times more, especially when the user has no blame for the malfunction and you take advantage of a foolish mistake.
studio460

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
Shops swapping it for a new one.
They were superb.

Wow! Didn't realize you've had these issues. Great news that your shop just swapped it out for a new one! I presume this is a fairly rare fault-condition with only three members reporting this particular issue here (or have there been more?).

When I first turned on my brand new Kronos this morning for the very first time, my heart skipped a beat when the display remained black for a few moments (is this normal?). After a few seconds, the screen came to life, and the normal boot process proceeded, and everything was good. Happy continued Kronos-ing!

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS
PCG Tools v3.2.0 | WavesArt Cinematic Suite EXs

Last edited by studio460 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
studio460

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daddy wrote:
I did all this, but the problem persists. I can not figure it out. Repeat randomly, once a week or two three days. It has made me this problem since the first day, but I thought it was a common software error and it was remedied by reinstalling the OS.

Wow! That sucks, man! Sorry to hear of your troubles. This happened when you first got it? How long have you had it? If Korg EU won't honor a warranty repair, that's not a great reflection on Korg. Maybe an e-mail to a Korg marketing contact in Japan may stir a response. Let them know you are publicly posting Korg's response to this issue.

Korg Nautilus 61 AT + DS1H + EXP2 | Korg Kronos 2 Platinum 88 | Korg Radias | Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+ | Kaossilator Pro+ | Kronos Remote iOS
PCG Tools v3.2.0 | WavesArt Cinematic Suite EXs

daddy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we've finally solved the problem. I changed the SSD.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it's resolved. Sometimes we take for granted how incredibly complex and interconnected modern tech devices are. Now you can have peace of mind while enjoying the marvel that is the Kronos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: