Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HARDWARE WISH-LIST for FUTURE PA models (Hardware only)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
I'm completely happy with:-
Sorry, probably all listed above but I would love...
    Insert FX x 10
    "WAV" file recording
    PC/Mac editor

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

It would be great and very convenient to have 4 Insert Effects for right hand (Upper 1,2,3 and Lower)
and 8 Insert Effects for Style Tracks, a total of 12.
ponkine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd LOVE Korg to include on their future models (and Pa4X software update) the sounds of their iconic synths, ofter overlooked, like Lambda and Trident. Also, the 70s rhythm machines like Mini pops 7 and KR 55

Now that the vintage synths are coming back, Korg can't be behind the well known company from Germany, who're now leading the scene with their clones at a truly affordable prices, releasing hardware synths that surfaces the same models by other companies, even the original ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUxsE59uki4

Shandera

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Pa5x coming out soon? It makes no sense to take Pa4x?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes less sense for Korg to produce a new model since they have just supplied a major PA4X upgrade

Can't see that happening any time soon, but of course I know as much as you regarding this.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
ponkine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another synth that I'D LOVE to be included on the future Pa4X (and all Korg synths) is the complete sounds of PE 1000 & 2000

WONDERFUL sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7awfs5flJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe6LLSYFMxI
Bescki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: 1. Reply with quote

Automatic faders.
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
ponkine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one from the Korg heritage synths that I'D LOVE to find on the future hardware sound libraries

800DV. Analog synth from 1975

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtIIgTpH9TY

ponkine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This amazing Japanese video from 1995 includes many of the synths I've posted Very Happy

As well others like Polysix, Mono/Poly, Mini Korg 700s, etc

THIS is the stuff I'd love Korg to put on all their arrangers and workstations synths!

Come on Korg! be proud of your own history and legacy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=futr4Q56v3c Very Happy
ponkine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this has done before

For a future Pa5X, 2 things that I'd love to have

1- HDMI. To connect with any monitor screen. I don't know why workstations to this day haven't done HDMI. Also, that would give the opportunity to connect the Pa5X to any Hi Fi amplifier/system that support HDMI.
2- Dedicated electric/ acoustic guitar input. A dream come true for many of us who do play guitar and keyboards!. I can imagine the endless posibilities with this. Playing, going through the keyboard effects, mixing, recording, sequencing, etc

Very Happy
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably mentioned previously, but I'd like to see a FAR more extensive Insert and Main FX architecture. Far less expensive keyboards are already able to insert at least one insert effect one EVERY Part (or close to it).

The PA4X's effects architecture is about 20 years old. There should be one insert FX for every single Keyboard Part, and a minimum of three for style/SMF use (ideally, of course, one for each, but I find three usually does the trick!) in addition to Global Reverb, Chorus and Delay.

The stingy FX architecture at the moment seriously cripples ease of use. Too much having to compromise one sound for the sake of another...

A full CX-3 implementation is way overdue, as well. Three B3 sim Parts, Upper, Lower and Pedals, all routed to the same Leslie (or even better, old school route the Upper to one Leslie and the Lower to a different one!) plus a choice of 145, 147, vintage C1,2,3 and modern, etc.. Korg's CX-3 has already been ported to the Kronos, time to get it on the PAx TOTL. I guess this is software, but better B3 slider caps and dedicated switches for Leslie Fast/Slow and Perc selection would be nice to go with a proper B3 sim... Maybe an optional slider cap selection for those that want a B3 look and those that don't. But, TBH, the B3 colored slider caps on the BK9 slider section also make it easy to find the right one even when it's assigned to another function..!

Hardware is getting lighter... Yamaha did an awesome job getting the weight of a 76 Genos down to 13kg/28 lbs, Roland's twin screen BK-9 76 came in at 9kg/20lbs, there's no reason a durable arranger needs to be 16kg/36lbs any more. None of us are getting any younger, LOL

256 polyphony is apparently the new TOTL benchmark. A bump in processor speed and polyphony is long overdue. 256 might be overkill, but 192 isn't unreasonable. And enough horsepower to trigger them all without latency, and on the fly MP3 encoding and playback is already a reality on far less expensive keyboards.

Hardware (switches, sliders, buttons etc.) are some of the most expensive things to add to a keyboard. Perhaps we are at the point where a double touchscreen would be cheaper than dozens upon dozens of buttons and sliders? And a touchscreen, although few have offered the functionality yet, would offer the ability to customize WHICH buttons and sliders went where... Arrangers often look like a throwback to old modular systems, and can confuse or make difficult pressing the right button in the heat of the moment. A Per Song custom arrangement would allow you to set them where and how you need them, and vanish the rest, simplifying layout and operation no end!

Of course, all this goes hand in hand with a new graphics chip capable of a high-def display (also the basic standard for keyboards thousands cheaper, these days!).

It is time Korg move to a 21st century chip and OS architecture!

Other arrangers also have a far simpler memory structure and backup regimen. High speed USB sticks are the norm, and some arrangers already have migrated ALL data to an easily backed up USB stick (with sizes easily big enough for extensive sample use) and the audio data is read directly. Simple backup, simple and inexpensive duplicate memory sticks in case of failure, theft or forgetfulness (!) make for peace of mind. I can't tell you how easy having all data on a stick, instantly read makes life! No more SET's, no more loading and moving stuff around. ALL styles, samples, audio, SMF's, Chord Sequences, setups instantly available. One of the things that has always put me off was how complicated, Korg managed to make something that COULD be oh so simple!

The future is beckoning, Korg... Or, to be more accurate, the present. At the very least, how about joining us in the present, rather than clinging to decades old hardware and approaches..?
ponkine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more with your post!. Well done
Bring on Pa5X Very Happy

This is what I'm talking about my friends
This is a synth from 2011 (!), yet it have "plug and play" connection from a guitar through it

The posibilities then are much more appealing for a well rounded performer who plays several instruments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ofeVZM8UAg

Keep the mic input, add a guitar input and you can switch endlessly from guitar to keyboard while playing without standing from your seat, switching cables, etc. Record your own guitar track, play on top of it in real time, create guitar loops, etc

Very Happy
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:
This is probably mentioned previously, but I'd like to see a FAR more extensive Insert and Main FX architecture. Far less expensive keyboards are already able to insert at least one insert effect one EVERY Part (or close to it).
... There should be one insert FX for every single Keyboard Part, and a minimum of three for style/SMF use (ideally, of course, one for each, but I find three usually does the trick!) in addition to Global Reverb, Chorus and Delay.

+1,
As I've mentioned in my previous post
It would be great and very convenient to have 4 Insert Effects for right hand (Upper 1,2,3 and Lower)
and 8 Insert Effects for Style Tracks, a total of 12.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: pa4 Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more with your post!. also...
And I would even pay the extra money for the keyboard..

As Korghelper said.
Far less expensive keyboards are already able to insert at least one insert effect one EVERY Part . True...
But when Korg hears us say things like..I find three usually does the trick!) in addition to Global Reverb, Chorus and Delay. .. I think that Korg company says they can work around it , so why give them more..
I have been looking at Yamaha GENOS in making a set list in keyboard , is a piece a cake very simple, you go watch the video on it very nice.
And 28 insert effects can be routed freely..
And Genos has firmware update also ...
And Yes both keyboards have Do Bugs....

ponkine said ...
Keep the mic input, add a guitar input and you can switch endlessly from guitar to keyboard while playing .

Well the PA1000 will take a guitar and it has a whole list of effects for it is very nice. So with the New update OS3 of the PA4x , why didn't Korg give us the guitar input like the less expensive model PA1000 .
The Korg has AUX In... It could be for guitar input ...
So what did we get with the update a couple new menus a couple new bugs in a screen that's very difficult to read.

Yamaha Tyros 5 could do it Guitar...and the PA1000 but not the flagship...Pa4x...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcxht6pxPi0

So my question is why Korg will not give us what we asked for ,,,we will pay for it. They make many models now. The PA4x should have everything we asked for in it. And like their lower cheaper models the PA 1000, and the PA700 should have less functions as they do now .

So what do you think ??
ponkine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: pa4 Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:

ponkine said ...
Keep the mic input, add a guitar input and you can switch endlessly from guitar to keyboard while playing .

Well the PA1000 will take a guitar and it has a whole list of effects for it is very nice. So with the New update OS3 of the PA4x , why didn't Korg give us the guitar input like the less expensive model PA1000 .
The Korg has AUX In... It could be for guitar input ...
So what did we get with the update a couple new menus a couple new bugs in a screen that's very difficult to read.

Yamaha Tyros 5 could do it Guitar...and the PA1000 but not the flagship...Pa4x...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcxht6pxPi0

So my question is why Korg will not give us what we asked for ,,,we will pay for it. They make many models now. The PA4x should have everything we asked for in it. And like their lower cheaper models the PA 1000, and the PA700 should have less functions as they do now .

So what do you think ??

Wow

I didn't know the Pa1000 can take guitar ... yet the Pa4X don't!
So, the thing is just a proper update and that's it!. What are they waiting for! Very Happy

As for the Tyros youtube clip: the distorted sound isn't bad!. More compressed than what I like, but quite convincing. The clean tone has more headroom.
The Delay sound is the worst, IMHO. Not bad, but I prefer a more organic (my favourite digital delay is Memory Lane Jr V2)

But overall, plenty of tone options and effects. I like it!

The posibilites are just mesmering!. I've always found so weird to play guitar through a keyboard. I know the Pa4X does have wonderful acoustic and electric guitar sounds, but playing the real instruments through the keyboard could be really something else!

As I posted with the video example, I'd love to record a guitar track(s) on the keyboard, and then playing anything on the top in real time, or playing guitar through the secuences, styles, etc. Or some part of a song with the guitar, and then with the keyboard, etc

It's also the ideal situation for the "one band man" or a duo. We wouldn't have to worry about carrying a guitar amp, feedback, hum and other noises while playing, etc.

Very Happy
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: pa4 Reply with quote

PA1000 will take a guitar just look at this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuRU1dt0guo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: