Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Level Sound On Strings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DIAMANTE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Level Sound On Strings Reply with quote

I play strings but the harder I hit the key, they louder the strings get, but I don't want the volume increased. I want to go from one chord to another while playing the string, but I don't want the volume increased no matter how hard I press the key. I want the volume the same when I press any key. Any help is appreciated:)
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simplest way to do this would be to connect an external MIDI keyboard, capable of being configured to deliver constant velocity with every keypress, to the Krome's MIDI In port. The Krome's keyboard could be used for expressive play, whilst the external keyboard could be used to "bang the notes out". The best of both worlds.

The volume at which notes from a timbre play is influenced by a number of factors e.g. velocity, time, and note position on the keyboard, making the Krome an instrument of considerable sophistication, in terms of the control a sound designer has over their creation, and the player has over their playing. To make each note in a timbre play at a volume that is independent of the key velocity, in something like a string timbre, requires these various factors to be unravelled. This is unlikely to be a simple one step solution. The places to look are the Prog P4 Amp/EQ pages, editing the parameters that affect the volume e.g. look for AMS parameters containing Velocity as their source. It may also be necessary to make changes to the Prog P2 pages to reduce the number of levels of Multisample to a single level.

There are some Programs that have been designed to play at constant volume, independent of key velocity e.g. electric and pipe organ sounds, but not strings. These Programs could be used as starting points and edited to use strings as Osc1 and Osc2 sources, and then saved in an unused (Init program) location in Bank F.

If it is necessary for the volume to stay relatively constant, no matter how many notes are played, then a limiter or compressor could be included in the effects chain.

DIAMANTE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I will try it...

Gabriel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: