Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jp synth editor ipad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Jp synth editor ipad Reply with quote

Roland has discontinued the iOS app for the Jupiter 50/80 keyboards. Because it is not compatible with ios11. My iPad is not yet updated to ios11 and I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the jp synth editor for iPad. I can provide my email address via private message if so. (This is a free app so no software pirating to worry about.)

Thanks.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the file "JP Synth Editor 1.1.0.ipa" that's sitting in my iTunes Mobile Applications folder?

If so - it's telling me to charge you $100 Razz

Only kidding - PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Typical Roland - their long term support is non existent. It's why I won't touch their AIRA or Roland Cloud stuff - just as you'll have a critical piece depending on one of their plugins - they'll cancel it. I'm not kidding - _extremely_ risky to depend on Roland "software", at all times. I use over 20 Roland synths from vintage classics to their latest releases and they are all excellent - but boy do they suck at software.

Kevin.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONE!!!

WOW.... Thanks man soooo much.

I just hope I can get it installed. Lol. (Apple is funny about how apps are installed)

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent.

If you can't get it on - find some App developer who'll surely advise on how to get it onto an old iPad (??)

Best of luck!!
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: Jp synth editor ipad Reply with quote

apex wrote:
Roland has discontinued the iOS app for the Jupiter 50/80 keyboards. ...

Same problem with Roland Integra I believe.

Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Jp synth editor ipad Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
apex wrote:
Roland has discontinued the iOS app for the Jupiter 50/80 keyboards. ...

Same problem with Roland Integra I believe.

They finally gave in on that one and released a version that runs on IOS 11

Sharp
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general I'd recommend (for the long term) maintaining one specific iPad for such apps into the future if they are important to you.

Surely all synth companies will drop support of their music Apps - even the likes fo Gadget, iM20 and so on have have a shelf life - but thankfully just maintaining them on a given iPad into the longterm will not be expensive and indeed quite a neat and tidy solution (again, for the long term).

I wish I had done this with an old mac and my Yamaha VL1 (where Yamaha released fabulous editors for it but which I can no longer run because I don't have an old Mac).
Reverend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Do you mean the file "JP Synth Editor 1.1.0.ipa" that's sitting in my iTunes Mobile Applications folder?

If so - it's telling me to charge you $100 Razz

Only kidding - PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Kevin.

Hi There, could you please PM we as well? I hope I manage to install this on my iPad 1...

Thx, John.
MirrorMan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: JP Synth Editor 1.1.0.ipa Reply with quote

Kevin,

Could you please email me "JP Synth Editor 1.1.0.ipa". Apple has made it impossible to archive iPad apps onto PC. I sent you a PM regarding this last night.

Thanks
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was asked the same question in the Roland Clan and like Kevin, found the ipa in my iTunes backup.

I have made that file available in the Jupiter 80 section of www.jp-80.com

Knowing Apple, they will've found someway to prevent anyone doing something they don't want to be done (aka control freaks!) - anyway, hope someone clever can work out a way of getting the app installed.
MirrorMan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: JP Synth Editor 1.1.0.ipa Reply with quote

Hey Cello,

Thanks for this. I called Roland the other day, and the service rep said that they have been getting a lot of calls about this, but Apple knocked them out of iTunes because app isn't 64bit. He also said that Roland wouldn't put resources to upgrading app to 64 because JP80 is now discontinued. He said things could change if they got enough feedback to warrant it. Maybe an app engineer could reverse engineer this and put it back together as a 64 bit ??

Thanks again
Reverend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked the question at Roland Clan Smile

I've been playing with the IPA but so far no luck. I am using an old iPad with 5.1.1 and although jailbr**king it is easy, installing a file needs some more tools and I was not able so far to make it work, installed it but it does not start. Will provide updates on Roland Clan.

Thanks Cello for providing the file!
WIDOW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject: JP Synth Editor for iPad Reply with quote

Reverend

Did you finally resolve the app issue for your iPad? I just recently went down this adventure. I even picked up an older iPad 2 just for this. I got the app on the iPad but when launched I am prompted to login, the screen goes black and the app closes. Did you get any further with this?

Thanks!

quote="Reverend"]I asked the question at Roland Clan :
I've been playing with the IPA but so far no luck. I am using an old iPad with 5.1.1 and although jailbr**king it is easy, installing a file needs some more tools and I was not able so far to make it work, installed it but it does not start. Will provide updates on Roland Clan.

Thanks Cello for providing the file![/quote]
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No luck at all.

Thanks for reminding me of this horrible headache....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: